If I Could I Would Return To The Night We Met

Graziella's POV

I can't believe it. The love of my life was dead. My boyfriend was no longer here. I miss him so much. I never thought I'd ever know what heartbreak feels like  But losing Riff is making me know what heartbreak feels like and I can only say that is is a miserable thing. I think I could have handled him being sent upstate because at least then he had a chance to return to me. But since he's dead,he can't come back to me no matter how badly I wish he could come back to me. Him being sent upstate would be easier to handle because there was a chance that Riff would come out of there and I would get to still have him with me now. 

I wish I could go back to the night that Riff and I met. There's nothing else I want more than anything in the world but to have a chance to go back to the night we met. I just want him to be here today with me. But I know that he couldn't because he wasn't sent upstate,he was dead,he had met his last dying day. I always thought something like this would happen but I never wanted or knew that it might end up being real life. My boyfriend met his last dying day, dying as he had lived: stubborn,full of his pride and everything that made him Riff. I want to be taken back to the night we met. I want to go back to the night Riff and I had met.