5.

Flau'jae Johnson

_______

"We in LA with it, you already know the vibes" I said recording myself before flipping the camera on Angel

She smiled before turning around to twerk, which made me end the video

"Was it in there?" she asked laughing as I glared at her

"You better find something safe to do"

"I have to put on my clothes then I'm chilling until we're ready" she said before I took notice in the white robe she had on

She only had on makeup, which looked amazing

"Well, you need to occupy yourself cause you finna get beat up" I said being serious and as usual she laughed

We are on set of the Jennifer Hudson show, and I'm excited to meet her. Angel, Alexis, and I were invited to come sit and talk about our win. The show doesn't start until another hour so we have time.

"You would beat me?"

"If you keep playin with me, yeah" I said before her mouth dropped making me laugh, "Don't do that cause you know I wouldn't put my hands on you"

The door to the dressing room swung open before Alexis came out in a suit

"Luthor Ms.Putiton put it on" I said hyping her up while clapping

"Right let me find out" Angel said as Alexis smiled and spunned around

"I feel real girly, y'all know this ain't my normal attire" she said snapping her neck causing us to all laugh

After a while of us sitting there talking Angel went to put on her clothes and Alexis was getting her make up touched up. So far today has been a good day, so I know the rest of it's gonna be smooth.

"This is not something I would snack on though" Angel said while looking at the seaweed, "I would give this a six"

"That's high" I said surprised at her rate because I expected something different

"Six out of ten"

"That's good" I smiled satisfied at her rating before she ended the TikTok video, "Eat some more"

"Bae I'm not snacking on that, for real"

"It's healthy" she started laughing while give me a shrug

"I'm still not snacking on that"

"We are getting ready to start in fifteen, so let's get into places in ten" one of the directors said before my momma came in behind her

By the time the fifteen minutes went by we were ready to go out. From backstage, I could hear a whole crowd and it sounded pack. We were called out and introduced, I could feel good energy in the building.

I'm use to being in front of huge crowds, but coming face to face with Jennifer Hudson is crazy. Being in the spotlight could get very overwhelming sometimes, but I know how to work my way around it.

"Congratulations on y'all's win, congratulations how do y'all feel?" Jennifer asked before Angel looked at me

"It feels good, I'm mean — happy to be here in LA, I mean get away from school. So just being able to be here is fun, it's going to be exciting" Angel responded getting a thrill reaction from Jennifer

"So, what has life been like since the championship win?"

"Life has been crazy, I mean it's great, I love that we won the national championship for Baton Rouge. We can't go out how we use to be able to go out, even just to the grocery store we gotta have security. Even going to class and stuff, it's been crazy but we embrace it"

"Facts, it's super busy" I chimed in agreeing with Angel as Jennifer begin to clap, "It's super busy"

"It's busy?"

"Aw man, it's super busy, I haven't slept in a little while since the championship. It's been good, like you know with NIL we able to capitalize off things like that. So just being busy, growing our fan base, and then growing women's basketball"

"Absolutely" Alexis agreed as everybody gave an applause

"That's all you got for me is absolutely?" Jennifer asked Alexis before we waited for her feed back

"It just feels good to be celebrated, not just as basketball players. But as young black women doing this on one of the largest platforms. At a PWI representing LSU, like it's bigger than us, it's overwhelming but it's definitely worth it like we champs"

Another hour passed by before we were done and finished up. The first thing we did was stop for food because everybody was hungry. From the restaurant, we went straight to our hotel rooms.

Since we were invited to LA by Jennifer and her crew they paid for our rooms. Everybody had their own room to themselves. Either way, I wasn't sharing because my whole team can't fit in one room.

"For somebody who claims they're tired, you sure is wide open " Angel said while looking her phone and playing with her lash

"No, we finna go to sleep" I said before getting a hum in response

I took off my shirt and slipped on shorts before getting in bed beside her.

"Look at this" Angel said while showing me a video of two girls fighting, "She eating her up"

"So you just gone be on your phone?" I asked disregarding the video

"Bae you literally just said you finna go to sleep, what you mean?"

"I want you to go to sleep with me" I said pulling her on top of me, "And you ain't show me love all day"

"You're a liar" she said before laughing, "That's not healthy for you"

"I'm playing, but let's take a nap for real"

" I'm not sleepy" she said before I sucked my teeth

"Alright, we both know you sleepy but I'm gone let you fight that sleep" 

After a few minutes of me tryna sleep, I realized that I couldn't. I know I'm tired, but my body is not use to shutting down so early. 

I glanced down at Angel, who was still laying on my chest. Once I noticed she was sleep I laughed to myself. 

She can never fool me, I always know when she tired.

I been meant to tell y'all that I'm updating everyday until I get to chapter 10. Enjoy!!