seven.

It was midnight, and Caspian was lying at the front of the deck, watching the stars flicker in the night sky

The man was still there, in his head, lying on the ground because of what he did. It was a reoccuring nightmare -- the image wouldn't leave his head, wouldn't leave him alone. It was like the man was haunting him.

Caspian's thoughts were spiralling; he couldn't sleep.

He had killed someone, and no one had batted an eye. It's as if what he did wasn't wrong, as if killing someone wasn't a crime for a king.

Caspian couldn't stop thinking about it, so he didn't hear footsteps coming towards him.

"Caspian?" A soft voice whispered -- the voice belonged to Edmund.

Caspian sat up quickly so he could look at him. His eyes swallow Edmund whole, looking at him as if he was the shiniest thing in the world. Then he blinked, as if awakening.

"What are you doing out here, Edmund?" He asked coolly, blocking out people because of the state he was in.

He walked towards him. That was when Caspian noticed the blanket in Edmund's hands -- he suddenly realised how cold it was outside.

"I could ask you the same thing, Cas... but I won't, because I understand what you must be going through," Edmund said soothingly.

Caspian stared at him. "I understand what you must be going through" -- how could he understand? Caspian had a rule, and that involved no killing, but he broke that rule in a second for the person sat across from him.

Caspian was feeling too many things, and it was exhausting.

He sighed. "You have no idea what I'm going through."

"Caspian --" Edmund started to say, but Caspian interrupted.

"No!" He glowered at Edmund. "You think you understand, but you don't. You don't have a rule that you follow; you don't have people seeing you as perfect; you don't have to try and live up to people's expectations." Caspian felt tears sting his eyes, and wiped them away quickly. He stood up, and faced Edmund entirely.

"You don't have that!" He continued to say. "You're normal! You come and go, yet you're still praised. And here I am, King of Narnia, looking after everyone all this time, but you and your siblings are still seen as the heroes."

Edmund looked shocked at the sudden outburst, but Caspian couldn't stop now, it was like everything was spilling out of his mouth without his consent.

"Every time a big problem comes up in Narnia, you arrive, and then you leave! Do you have any idea how that affects me? Do you have any idea how you affect me? Bloody hell, I killed someone for you! I broke my number one rule for someone who will eventually leave me again! Why does it have to be you who has stolen my heart?" A sob torn through Caspian's throat and Edmund's face softened.