Rufus Barma x Reader Guilty

You smiled brightly as you walked beside you redheaded lover, his grey eyes forever locked on the path the both of you walked down.

Usually he would be up in spirits and enthusiastic about a picnic date in the park but for some reason his mind seemed elsewhere and it has been for the past few days.

You thought that getting out might help clear his mind but so far it hasn't, still you knew it wasn't to late to try, your date hadn't even started yet!

You released one of your hands from the basket of goods you held and snaked it around his arm, catching him off guard.

He turned his attention to you, widening his eyes when he saw a large grin on your face.

"(Y/n)..?" He asked "Are you going to think all day or are you going to enjoy your date with your lovely Girlfriend?" You asked as you slowly narrowed your eyes at him.

He blinked, blushing a slight shade of pink "o-Of course I am!" He announced and waved his fan, you chuckled.

"Good!" you pecked him on the cheek then released his arm and ran off the path and towards a large tree.

You stopped underneath the tree, setting your basket down beside one of the large roots, you waves to him.

"We'll have our picnic here!!" You shouted which made him sigh and chuckle.

He walked over to you as you began setting up "you didst not have to run, nor shout.." he mumbled.

You pulled out the blanket for you both to sit on from the basket and pouted your lips out at him.

"But if I hadn't someone would have took our spoooot" you said to which he raised a brow.

"There art many spots in thine park, like there" he pointed with his fan to under another tree someways away.

You frowned your brow "well...this spots special.." "how come?" He asked.

"Because" you stated and unfolded the blanket "Because why?" He asked well crossing his arms.

You turned to him and narrowed your eyes "Just because" "didst something special happen here?" He asked and looked down at the ground like he was trying to find something.

One of your brows twitched, you couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or an idiot either way you were at your last straw.

"Yyyyees something special happened here many a years ago, some say it actually might be tied to the tragedy that befell a hundred years past" you exaggerated in your sarcasm well shaking your head and closing your eyes as you fanned out the picnic blanket.

Waiting for your scoffed counter you peeked an eye open and saw Rufus looking at you with wide eyes.

"What is.. it..?" You asked and he quickly grabbed your shoulders.

"How hath I not known of this!? When didst thou hear of such a rumor!?" He questioned and by his tone you knew that he took your joke serious.

"Uh.." he released you as he turned on his heel "I cannot believe I hath missed such a rumor! Or no..maybe I hath forgot! Yes! I am old after all.." he murmured to himself.

You sweat dropped and rubbed your forehead 'alright I have to fix this..' you thought to yourself.

"Ru Ru!" You exclaimed which caught his attention, bringing him out of his thought to turn to you.

"Thou art being a royal Birdbrain! And hath been deceived by thine Lover! For she hath played a trick on thee in order to get thine attention and revenge on thee!" You announced in the most annoying impersonation you could manage.