Chapter 1- The arrival🐅

Jin-
It was the early hours of the morning when I woke up, I was restless all night, I just couldn't sleep.
I was probably restless as we were expecting a new pack of hybrids.

I house hybrids, a hybrid safe house. This house is a safe place where they can tried to be rehabilitated to go back into the world. They come here from a shelter that they stay in the city. The shelter in the city are not always ideal for hybrids coming out of fighting rings, slavery and amongst other problems, but some shelters are nasty towards hybrids, but I work with one of the nice ones.

Hybrids are free people now they have the same rights as humans, but there are some people, some humans in this would that just want to harm them, keep them as pets, abuse them or fight them.
But we've housed hybrid here before but for some reason I was just really nervous. I couldn't stay in bed any longer I had to get up and do something.

The house was quiet, my ears flicked to the sound of soft breaths of my sister coming from her room. My tail swished anxiously behind me.
I'm always worried when any hybrids step into to this house, as I never know how they will react in a new environment. I always worry about my sister as sometimes they don't take to kindly to her, this is her safe space as well and my number one priority, I need to keep her safe.

I only read there profiles briefly and from what I read it was shocking, illegal fighting rings and pets who were abused and one therapy pet, which wasn't too bad I guess. Therapy hybrids are always treated the best, with most being aloud freedom to roam.
I can't imagine or relate what they have all been through as I've been lucky enough to raised my sister.

I started to cook breakfast as I didn't realise I was lost in my thoughts, really lost in my thoughts. I must have a lot on my mind lately.

I notice it was nearly time for my sister to get up. I know she usually wakes about 8/8:30am, as I was at stove making pancakes, it's one of her favourites. Sometimes she will go through a phase where she's not hungry at breakfast time, but I usually make something light for her.

A while later my ears twitched to the sound of her door opening, I heard the creak of the stairs as she made her way down to wards where I am in the kitchen, she is never a morning person. Poppy does suffer form nightmares now and again but hasn't done for awhile. When she does have them I stay with her in either my human or animal form, but it seems she seems to settle when I'm in my Snow Leopard form.
I heard a yawn and then a creak of a seat being sat in "Morning baby." I said as I finished the breakfast "Morning" Poppy whispered yawn to me.
I made my way to her and placed a plate of pancakes in front of her and I kissed her head as I went back to make my own breakfast.
"Sleep well?" She hummed in response "How about you oppa?" She asked me sleepily "I did baby, I slept okay. You know we have 6 hybrid coming here today." She nodded her head, she is wary when new hybrids come, as some don't like humans and tend to lash out. So I keep my sister away from those hybrids at the beginning if I can.
"Do you know what time they are arriving?" I had to look on my phone quickly to see when they were coming "The centre didn't really say, but I'm guessing they should be coming round about lunchtime sweetie." She just nodded and continued eating her breakfast.

After Poppy had done she told me she was going to get ready. Once she was gone I quickly read through an email I got on the six coming here, it did say~
'Wary of humans.
leopard hybrid might attack but has yet to show any signs of aggression yet.
Wolf is the main leader of the pack, Mated pack.'
So they are a pack and mated. "Poppy come here for a moment." I shouted from the kitchen to her bedroom. "Coming Oppa." I heard as my ears twitched in the direction of her voice.
"Are you still in the kitchen oppa?"
"Yes sweetie." I replied back to her, As she appeared in the kitchen again I ask her "Could you put some scent dampener or blockers on please?" She didn't put on a fight on this "Can I put the scent dampener on? If not I can be the blockers on?" I thought about this, if one of them is hostile that scent blockers would be better, but it says wary of humans. "Ware the scent dampers for now and we will see how we go."
I hate it when she has to put either on, Poppy has a weak heart and gets ill quickly, so for me her scent is very important.

Poppy-

Midday came and went and the new hybrid arrivals still hadn't arrived. It was almost 6 o'clock in the evening when the door bell went off.

Jin went to go and answer the door and he was talking to one of the carers from the sanctuary, I got off from the couch and stood in the hallway to greet them. Jin has told me nothing and he hasn't even told what hybrid type they are.

I could hear Jin talking to the shelters carer and that's when I saw one of them, he had striped ears. But I saw something around two of the hybrids mouth.

It was a muzzle, muzzles are used when they are biting or trying to attack, but they are only supposed to be used in extreme cases. I never in my whole life have seen a hybrid with a muzzle on, they must be really uncomfortable for them.

Jin was wrapping up with the hybrid caretaker, all of sudden I saw red ears in my face "Hi there!" He said with a smile "Erm Hello." I said back then thats when I heard a growl from come from one them.
Jin came around by that point and wrapped his arms around my shoulder and tail around my waist. "Hello everyone, my name is Jin and I will be taking care of you whilst you stay here." The one with the black ears spoke "Who's the human?" He said the word 'Human' with venom "This Human is my sister, she's here to help you as well. But if you don't want here to help just call my name and I will come to assist you." Jin never says my name to them straight away unless they ask me, we've had some pretty violent hybrids here. But Jin's always about so I know he won't leave me alone.

After a brief and I mean a very brief introduction, Jin lead them to there room where they will be staying. Jin was up there for a bit, when he did reappear in the kitchen where I was sitting. I saw he had two of the muzzle in his hands, but he place them down with a loud thud on the counter, which made me jump slightly. "Are they okay oppa?" I ask my brother, I wanted to make sure they were fine. "There fine cub..." he sighed out, I was sensing he was going to say something else. "Would you get the fist aid kit and meet me in the big room on right." I was a bit hesitant to go "Baby don't worry I will be there with you." I guess he could see it on my face as he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"Jin what are you trying to do?" I asked him out of curiosity "What do mean Pops?" I through they didn't like humans "I don't think they like me?" He looked at me but I could see the wheels Turing in his head.
"I'm just trying to get them used to you being around as a first, the one with red ears seemed to like you." Well I guess I can see where he was coming from "But oppa I don't think they will warm up to me that quickly." I sighed "I just don't want whatever plan you have in mind to bite you in the arm." Jin chuckle at my choice of words "Well if thats what happens, that's what happens. But I would let them harm you, I will protect you. If I don't try and let them interact with humans, they will just be classed at feral and you know what that means." Yeah I did it was meaning that they would be put down, I hated that.

No one should ever go through that, ever. It's just wrong.