Chapter 1

I love you.

The figure from the shadows turned as Akshara's eyes widened.

Her hands raised to her mouth, shaking her head. "Nahi, tum nahi."

Abhimanyu awkwardly nodded. "I know that was meant for Sharma-ji."

Akshara gave him a dopey smile. "Haan vahi. Unke liye."

Before either could  say another word a sharp whisper hissed. "Akshu!" Kairav came charging in, grabbing Akshara by her arms. "Kahan tha na mat hilna."

Akshara pouted. "Na. Phele mujhe meri pati ko 'I love you' bolna hain."

Kairav pinched the bridge of his nose. "Please meri maa, yeh paani pi aur so ja."

Akshara stomped her foot. "Nahi! Kahan na, mujhe meri pati ko 'I love you' bolna hain."

Kairav sighed. "Do whatever you want, but in the morning."

"No now! Take me to my Abhinav." Akshara threw her hands up in the air, dancing and wobbling while Kairav wrangled her in.

Abhimanyu couldn't explain the way his heart twisted when he heard Akshara say 'My Abhinav'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Abhinav-ji. Idhar."

A worried Abhinav came rushing when he noticed Akshara leaning on her brother. "Kya hua aapko Akshrara, aap theek toh hain?"

Akshara smiled widely once she noitced her husband and opened her arms. "Abhinav!" She cheered, looping her arms around his neck and resting her head against his shoulder.

"Yeh, kya kar rahi hain-- aap?" Abhinav struggled, not knowing where to put his hands, especially when he Jija/Saala was watching.

Kairav scratched his head and averted his eyes. "Actually, the restaurant we went accidentally got the orders wrong and gave them alcoholic drinks. Muskaan is handling Aarohi while I came to drop Akshara."

Abhinav sighed in relief. "Acha bas itni si baath. Mein toh gabra gaya ji." Feeling slightly better once he realised that Akshara was not hurt.

Kairav sighed in relief. "Haan, now she's your headache." 

Abhinav shook his head, chuckling while Akshara patted his face, mumbling something to herself. "She's never a headache."

Akshara perked up, happy she's the topic of conversation.

"Ek baath puchu Abhinav-ji? Akshara was born as my sister, so I didn't have a choice. But you chose this pagal?"