5. Shopping & Kissing

"Will you stop worrying." Jerome walked around the racks of the store, not knowing what he was looking for exactly but trying to be of some help. "What about this one?" He raised a yellow baiting suit to my body, smiling as he looked me over.

I grabbed the price tag, instantly shaking my head. "My budget is only a few cents, you know I can't get dat'." I took it away from him, putting the hanger back on the rack as he smacked his lips, picking it back up.

"Don't worry about the price." He signed, shaking his head and grabbing a couple more just for his own fun off the rack, leading me towards the dressing rooms.

Lord.

Jerome always try's to buy me stuff, no matter if it's a lil penny worth of candy, he gone buy it fa' me, because he say ion gotta pay for nothing when I'm with him.

and I hate it.

His daddy already paying for my schooling.. and I don't want Jerome thinking he's my friend just cause they money.

He's more to me than that.

I could care less about the money.

"Go head." He passed me all the bikinis and bottoms and I sighed while entering the dressing room, beginning to try a couple on and view myself in the mirror.

I've always been a little skinny thang, not no meat on these boys hardly. That's cause I neva' sat down long enough for anything to stick.. lil Troy was always on the move.

For some reason, I began to feel a little self conscious as I viewed myself in the mirror, turning around and poking and pulling as my skin, I rubbed my shoulder while covering up my small chest.

I then shook my head, quickly removing the swimsuit and pulling back on my big jeans and long sleeve sweater momma had knitted me.. feeling more comfortable and loose somehow.

After collecting the swimsuits, I pulled the curtain back to see Jerome with furrowed eyebrows.

What.. was he expecting me to.. show him when I tried it on?

He cleared his throat, standing to his feet and pulling out his wallet as my head shook. "Which one? Or all?" He smiled but I continued to frown.

"J.. I really don't want you buying me these.. and I don't think I even want to go to the stupid pool party." I shrugged, putting the swimsuits back where they belong on the rack for a worker to rearrange them.

"Coco." He grabbed my arm, staring into my eyes. "What's wrong?" He questioned and I just shook my head, not having the guts to even break my tough exterior that I try to put up.

Ian the toughest round hea.. nah. But I try not to take no shit from nobody, and I guess that can sometimes falter.. words do hurt sometimes.

"Can we go eat?" I smiled small and he examined my face once more before nodding and stuffing his wallet back in his pocket, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the store.

Not to mention.. the clerk had been watching us this entire time, so I bet she felt real relieved when we walked outta thea'.

***

"Just one mo" time!" I smiled big while dipping my fry inside of his vanilla milkshake as he then moved his glass away from me, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. "I told you to get your own Troy."

I gasped, holding my chest as he then smirked. "Troy!?" I quickly signed back and he nodded, laughing a little.

He only calls me Troy when he's being serious.