|| Chapter 1: The phone call ||

Kennedy's Pov:

I was on FaceTime with my two best friends Walker and Aubrey, when I got an incoming phone call from someone. "Hold on, someone's calling me," I say as I quickly left the call with my two friends leaving them alone in the call.

"Hello?" I say hoping it would be good news, I had auditioned for a role in a movie called The Black Phone and I got a callback, so I was hoping this was the call saying I got the part. "Hello, is this Kennedy Smith?" A voice asks "This is she" "Hey, this is Scott Derrickson and I was wondering if you were still wanting to play the role of Anna Blake in The Black Phone" He asked as I went into shock after hearing what he said.

"Yes, I would love to!" I said excitedly "Wonderful, we'll send you the details for the flights and that stuff once we have all the details. So be on the lookout for a text from me with all the details," he told me while I was freaking out internally "Okay sounds good, see you then!" I began freaking out and then ran downstairs to go see my mom on the couch watching tv "Mama! I got the part in the movie!" I yelled "You did? Congratulations!" She said as she got up and gave me a hug signaling that she was proud of me.

I then went back upstairs to go tell Aubrey and Walker the news. "I'm back," I say once I've  join the call again, "Finally, you just left out of nowhere," Walker said with annoyance in his voice. "Well I have big news, I got the role I auditioned for!" I practically shouted, "That's amazing news, Kennedy!" Aubrey said happily while Walker agreed. "Kennedy, Ava dinner!" My mom shouted across the house "Coming," I shout back "I gotta go, talk to you two later." I say then leave the call. I go downstairs to eat with my mom. My mom's a single mom to me and my little sister Ava, who's 11. I go and sit down after getting my plate, Ava sits beside me while our mom sits in front of us, I tell them the news again even though my mom had already heard it. Ava was excited for me, but I kept thinking about how excited I was to film. This was going to be my first movie. Before this, I had small roles in some shows. Next thing I know dinner is over and I'm back upstairs laying in my bed staring at the ceiling when I get a text. I look and see it's Scott, he sent me the details as well as an invite to a group chat that has the name of TBP cast.

TBP Cast

Scott:
Hey guys, this is a group chat
so all of the cast can get to
know each other, have fun!

???:
I guess we should introduce
ourselves, I'm Tristan.

???:
Mason

Me:
I'm Kennedy

???:
Madeleine, but call me Maddy
(Idk if that's how she spells it but
That's how I'm spelling it)

???:
Jacob

???:
Rebecca, but you can call me Becca

???:
Miguel

???:
Brady

Maddy:
Nice to meet all of you,

Mason:
Yea, same here.

The next evening

Tonight I was planning on going out with my two besties Walker and Aubrey. We had gone out for dinner to celebrate my new role, after the dinner was over. We went back to my place and changed clothes since it was a fancy dinner and we wanted to walk around for an hour or two after. We left my house and hour before sundown, and we walked around for a bit before going to a playground and taking photos. When I got home later I posted all the good photos on Instagram from tonight.

@Kennedy_official:

Liked by @Ava

Liked by @Ava..smith, @aubreyandersonemmons @walker.scobell, @masonthamesofficial, @madeleinemcgraw, @official_miguelcazarezmora and 2,580 others

@Kennedy_official: photo dump from tonight with my besties Aubrey and Walker!

@aubreyandersonemmons: Had so much fun with you both!
—>@walker.scobell: Same, we should hang out more
  —>@Kennedy_official: Totally!
—> @aubreyandersonemmons: it's a plan then

@Ava..smith: Seems like you had a bunch of fun, take me next time!
—>@Kennedy_official: I totally would've took you, but mom wouldn't let me

View all 1,034 comments

Authors note:
Words: 728
First chapter done, sorry for the short chapter!