26. Late night hug

Before this chapter starts, I just want to say thank you to any and everyone who liked my book and voted- and even added it to their reading list. I've been unmotivated since the last chapter- and tired, but you guy's support means everything to me- so thank you for 92 votes <3
. . .
Before I even thought about leaving my bedroom, I just had to let my Mom know- because well, her teenage daughter having a social life hasn't exactly kicked in yet.

I made my way out of my room and across the hall to Mom and Steven's- or, I guess Dad's- baby steps, okay?

I'll call Madison my little sister but Steven my Dad? Not for another fifteen thousand years.

"Hey," I whispered, sticking my head through the crack in the door.

Mom, who was laying on Steven's chest, turned to me, Steven did the same- the two of their faces were only lit up by the light of the Flat screened TV they have sitting on the dresser in their room.

Madison complains about them getting a TV and Henry having a computer all the time-

I wonder if she knows she can use that computer and watch Tv in Mom's room-

Because she totally can. I used to do it all the time with Layla when she would force me to go online shopping with her.

"I know it's sort of late-"

"That's an understatement" Mom muttered loud enough for me to hear, "sorry" she smiled, tilting her head a little, "continue".

I wrinkled my nose. Here it goes- I mean, she let me go to a party full of drunk teens- what could go to the parking lot to hug Tabitha possibly do?

Hug Tabitha- that was a weird reason to go to a dark parking lot-

But I doubt my Mom would understand even if I explained it all to her.

"My friend is in the parking lot and I just have to give them something so-" I gave her Madison's signature I'm-so-cute smile.

She gave me a look of suspicion, "Give them what? At 10 p.m.?"

"A hug" I replied innocently.

Mom looked at Steven, and he looked at her- and then they both started to laugh.

"Does said friend's parents even know they're here?" Steven chuckled while my Mom was dying- I was blushing because well- this was sort of embarrassing- but I couldn't deny that it was sort of funny and that the corners of my lips were beginning to reluctantly curl.

I shrugged, Tabitha seems to do whatever she wants- but I couldn't tell them that.

"Probably" I replied.

"Oh my gosh," I wiped away an imaginary tear before turning to me with a smile, "just tell Tabitha to come in here, Max- it's not hard".

My face flushed red, "h-how do y-you know it's Tabitha? Hm? I have other friends!"

"Your other friends come in when we're awake" Steven pointed out.

I wrinkled my nose at him, "fineee, thank you- goodnight" I was about to exit the room when my Mom stopped me, "Oh, and Max"

"Hm?" I stuck my head back in the door.

"If she's going to stay the night no sex with your sister in the room".

I swear my face changed colors- and then these two started fucking laughing. "What- Mom!"

"Oh, I'm just kidding" Mom laughed, "Hurry up before I change my mind".

"Shh hurry," Steven said in a loud whisper, "it takes me forever to convince her to let you do things".

"Okay- okay," I chuckled.