How Could You Do This, You're My Best Friend

Everything was not going to plan or well at all. Maria had just learned that her best friend Anita had lied after she left the apartment to go to Valentina's shop to give a message to Valentina. But something had happened to Anita while she was there by the Jets who lost their leader Riff tonight like the Sharks lost their leader and Maria's older brother Bernardo tonight too. As a result of what he did to Bernardo,Chino was wanting to make Tony have a similar fate: Last dying day. And as a result of the lie,that just might happen. To say Maria was upset was an understatement,she felt bad for Anita but the lie just worsened Tony's peril and since he was Maria's lover,she was infuriated too. 

She saw Anita,"How could you do that Anita! Because of you my love will think I’m dead and his life is already in peril! Why?! Why did you tell Valentina to tell him that when it is not even true! I can't begin to fully understand the reasoning behind why! Yes I feel for you after what happened before that, I still can not believe you did that!” Anita said,"He ended my love so he was already in danger but then the Jets attempted what they did and it greatly upset me. If you are trying to accuse me of making your love's danger worse, go! Go to him! To be in love with a boy like that,not good!" Maria said,"From what I can imagine,Nardo ended someone who my love held dearly to his heart!" She leaves.