Found

Y/N's POV:

"We have a lead, round up the team."

Talking to my mom would have to wait because now there was hope.

Reid and I gather the rest of the team and follow Hotch out to the SUVs.

As I'm getting in Hotch stops me. "Y/l/n I thought I told you to sit this one out."

I turn to face him. I know why he's concerned but I have to be there.

I just have to.

"Aaron, please. I need to be there."

He softens before giving in, "ok, you can go but you are not to leave the car. Understand?"

I nod and then climb into the back of the car with Emily.

My anxiety is skyrocketing. What if we don't get there in time? What if she's already... gone? I can't lose her, not now.

Emily's hand reaches over to steady my leg that I didn't even notice was shaking. It's my favorite thing she ever does, it always calms me down.

Her thumb rubs small circles on my thigh. I look up to find her staring into my eyes. I stare back into hers searching for any kind of reassurance. She mouths "you're okay, I've got you."

We finally arrive to the location of her abductor. Hopefully we'll find her.

"Okay, JJ and Morgan go in from the front. Rossi, Reid and I will go around back." Hotch announces once we're all ready.

I watch the rest of the team walk away getting ready for Hotch's orders, from the car window. He pulls Emily aside before joining the rest of the team.

The car door opens and Emily climbs back in the car with me.

"What are you doing, shouldn't you be with them?" I ask as she sits next to me again.

"Hotch thought someone should stay with you and keep watch from outside in case he runs."

"I don't need a babysitter." I say slightly irritated.

"I know you don't baby, but I'm here if you need me."

The tears I have been fighting since we got here are slowly trickling down my face. Emily brings her thumb to my cheek, wiping the tears off as they fall.

"I know you're trying to be tough, but you don't have to be. It's okay to fall apart sometimes. They'll save her, right now all you have to do is wait. -Waiting's hard, and that's why I'm here." Emily says while continuing to wipe away my tears.

As much as I want to watch every single move they make from this window, I also just want to be in her arms. I give in and lay down on her lap. She uses one hand to play with my hair and the other is sitting on top of her gun in its holster just in case.

After what felt like a lifetime the team starts to come out. I sit up off Emily's lap, watching each member come out until I finally spot Kenna with JJ.

I run as fast as I can to her. Once I reach her I crash into her arms, and we stay that way for a few minutes until the paramedics take her away to be checked out.

They take her to the hospital just to make sure, so that's exactly where I go next. The entire team comes along with me after they stop to pick up my mom and Luca.

We all sit in the waiting room, Emily right by my side. She squeezes my hand in hers often as a sign of support. That's when I notice my mom staring intently at our interlocked hands.

"Could you not do that here y/n, it's disrespectful to me." My mother announces across the entire waiting room. I have never been so angry in my life, but I try to stay calm for now.

"Do what exactly mother? Be in love, be happy, which is it?" I stand up trying to stay calm.

I see Emily stand with me in my peripheral vision.

"It's not necessary to flash it around in public like that. It's embarrassing, aren't you embarrassed to act this way in front of your coworkers." My mom is now standing as well.

"As her coworker, I am not embarrassed nor bothered by her happiness and I don't think it's any of your..." JJ starts.

"I believe it's time we give them some privacy." Hotch announces as Derek forces JJ out the door.

Once they've all left I start back, " mom, not that it's any of your business but no it is not embarrassing. And as you can see my coworkers are very supportive of my relationship like you should be."

I take a deep breath just to keep my anger in check. "You have ignored my sexuality my entire life. You always told me it was a phase and that I just wanted to be "trendy." But this is for real. I love her and she loves me... I'm happy, can't you just be happy for me?"

"It is wrong y/n, this is not what god intended. Is it so bad for a mother to want to see her child in heaven? I just want what's best for you."

I laugh, simply because I can't quite believe my ears. "What's best- you want what's best for me. That's honestly the funniest thing you have ever said. Because it looks to me that you just want what's best for you. This has nothing to do with your religion. When's the last time you went to church mom? ... Yeah that's what I thought. You are using Christianity as an excuse for your own selfishness and ignorance."

At this point I was definitely yelling, yelling in a hospital waiting room. But I'm tired, I'm so so tired of her acting this way.

Emily puts her hand on the small of my back to try to calm me down but it has not worked so far.

"I am not using our savior as an excuse. The Bible explicitly says that a man should marry a woman. You will go to hell for your sins, and I don't want that."

"You know what else the Bible says. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another." John 13:34. It also says "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgement on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things." Romans 2:1."
"I know the Bible mother, and I find it disrespectful that you try to use god's word against me without knowing it."

"Sweetheart..." My mom starts.

"No, don't do that. Don't try to guilt trip me into believing I'm the bad guy. It won't work this time."

The door opens and in walks Kenna and Luca.

"Mom, y/n, what's going on?" Kenna questions.

"Just the usual, her hating me for liking girls. I'm sorry for making a scene Ken. I'm so glad you're okay." I say while hugging her again.

"It's ok y/n/n... Mom, really, you think now is the best time to have an argument about this." a sigh "I think it's best you go home, I will talk to you later." Kenna says toward mom.

"Kenna y/l/n, I almost lost you and you want me to go home!"

"Yes, because you obviously don't know how to act like a decent human being. So I don't really want to see you right now." Kenna fires back.

My mom grabs her purse and then storms out of the waiting room.

Once she's gone I hug Kenna again.

"So I'm guessing this is your girlfriend." Kenna smiles at the both of us.

"Yes, this is Agent Emily Prentiss."

"Emily is fine." Em laughs.

"We should go on a double date before you leave!" Kenna suggests.

"Ken, you were just abducted and held captive!"

"Oh nevermind that, I want to know more about Emily."

We all laugh and then exit the hospital together.

.........

A/N: I know it's been a month, which is very slacker like of me. With graduation and then vacation and now trying to get a job. I'm struggling.
I was wondering if any of you might be interested in an original story. It would be a wlw, slow burn, friends to lovers trope. I would 100% still be updating this story as well. Let me know what you think in the comments!