Two ♡

The new town scared Haksoon. He was never very good with new places, and moving to an entirely different place was scary. Even his own room was scary to him. It didn't help that he was short for his age, his height just reaching above his father's knees. He got that from his mother. On her, he was up to her waist.

To a 7 year old, the chaotic streets of a new place, even in a town as small as this, was terrifying. His parents had sent him out to make friends with the neighbouring children, but all he was doing was sitting on the front door steps and staring at the dusty ground.

Two feet appeared in his vision. "Hello. You must be new here. I'm Park Seongjun," the feet said. Slowly, looking up, he met eyes with a small boy not too much taller than himself. His head blocked the sun, casting yellow rays around his face like a halo. His chubby features were easily described as cute.

"I-I'm Choi H-Haksoon," he stammered softly.

"Would you like to play with me, Haksoon-ah?" After a moment's hesitation, he nodded. "Yay, come with me! Oh, and I'm 8. How old are you?" Seongjun asked, leading the boy across the dusty road towards his own house.

"7," Haksoon replied simply. He couldn't really work out why this kid was being so kind to him.

Seongjun laughed, eyes crinkling at the sides. "Oh! Then you can call me 'hyung' if you want."

"O-okay, Seongjun-hyung." The corners of Haksoon's lips curled upwards at the honorific. His voice was so soft, he doubted the older had heard. He didn't know but Seongjun was smiling to himself as well.

-------

(^ㅅ^) hope your havjng a good dayy/nighttt