Chapter II - Careful Consideration

"How's it going, man?" Miles questioned him as he sat on the ledge.

    Pavitr shrugged. "Same old, same old."

    Miles chuckled. "Still got that traffic, huh?"

    "Yeah, it still hasn't gotten any better," Pavitr responded. He then scowled as he looked at the city. "And it doesn't help with these annoying criminals tearing up the street!"

    "Mhm, I get what you mean," Miles looked away as he grinned sheepishly.

    Pavitr raised his arms in an exasperated manner. "I mean, seriously! I can't attend photography and fight you because you decided to become possessed by demons! I might as well photoshoot my fights!"

    Miles glanced up. "Demons?"

    Pavitr met his gaze until he shook his head. "It's a long story, just some stupid doctor."

    "Ah, I gotcha," Miles crossed his feet. "So, uh, how's you, and, er, what's her name?"

    "Gayatri? Oh, it's a bit rocky right now, but I'm not that worried," Pavitr chuckled lightly.

    "Mhm, sounds like you want to get into it," Miles pointed out.

    Pavitr raised his eyebrows. "What? No, it's not a big deal."

"Pav," Miles sternly said, "you know you can talk to me, right?"

Pavitr paused and looked at the other boy. That's what he liked about Miles. He was honest, open-minded, caring, and overall just a pleasure to be around. Pavitr instantly took a liking to Miles after he saved his city's people and Inspector Singh. He felt the heat rise from his stomach as he thought more about it. He mentally shook it off as they continued.

Pavitr cleared his throat. "It's just that, at first, I thought being Spider-Man was easy, right? But then, after that whole Spot thing, everything became harder to manage." He brushed through his hair. "And now Gayatri's concerned about me disappearing, and it's, ugh." Pavitr flopped his arms to his sides.

Miles lifted his mask off as he gave an exasperated sigh. "Sounds tough, dude."

    "I just don't know whether to tell her. I mean, that's the Inspector's daughter, who I am dating!"

Miles looked away in thought before answering, "You trust her, don't you?"

"I mean, yeah-"

    "I'd tell her, then."

"Huh?!"

Miles shrugged. "Sure, she's gonna be shocked, and you might need to give her some time, but if you truly love her, then I'd go for it."

Pavitr thought for a moment. "Yeah, I see your point."

"See! I'm an emotionally intelligent guy."

Pavitr hummed in agreement. "Now, tell me what's going on between you and Gwen," Pavitr shot back, crossing his arms.

Miles froze at the sound of her name. "I, uh, well, it's just, erm-"

"Did you finally set aside your differences and bound your hearts together?" Pavitr asked, sounding excited. He clenched his fists and raised them in a cartoonish manner.

Miles scratched his head. "Uh, not exactly."

"Oh," Pavitr uttered. "I see, you-"

"She rejected me."

Pavitr could've sworn the whole world paused at that moment. He could only stare at Miles in disbelief as he shrugged.

"How? Why? What was she thinking? It was so obvious-"