Staring Problem

You walk inside the classroom and scan the room for people you know, but as you suspected not many people from Kitagawa Daiichi came to Karasuno. Only one person looked somewhat familiar but it was a guy you never talked to before, but you sit a the desk next to his anyway.

Class starts and the teacher starts lecturing us about how important it is to take high school seriously and how quickly we'll become 3rd years, they said some other stuff too but you eventually stopped listening and pulled out your sketch book.

You look around the classroom for some inspiration and notice someone staring directly at you, he quickly looked away so you ignored it. For at least 5 minutes every time you looked in his direction he was already staring and once again looked away quickly. He's not very good at hiding it. You decided to draw him, he shouldn't have a problem with it and he won't know anyways.

You stare at him studying his features, now that you're getting a good look at him, he really has a nice face. He gets a nervous look on his face, you must've been staring for too long, now it looks like you're the one with a staring problem.

You finish drawing him and the bell rings so you close your sketchbook and shove it in your bag, You'd die of embarrassment if someone saw that.

You wondered why he kept looking at you, maybe it was something behind you? That has to be it, any normal person would stop after being caught the first two times.

Lunch starts and you head over to the vending machine, you think about what to get for a bit before deciding on strawberry milk. You turn around after getting the drink and bump into the guy from earlier.

He's pretty tall and kind of intimidating, but you can't remember where you've seen him. You finish scanning his face and realize you've been staring for way too long, again. "Sorry." You say before leaving to go to the art room. The reason you chose to come to Karasuno is because you know the art teacher, she's one of your mom's friends. "Hi Mrs. Hoshino."

"Y/n, I haven't seen you in so long, how have you been?"

"I've been good, can I spend lunch in here?"

"Of course, but wouldn't you rather go socialize with other students instead?"

"Not really..."

"You haven't changed, you were always pretty shy weren't you?" She sighs.

"I guess so." You always get nervous talking to people you aren't close with, the second you say or do something stupid the conversation completely goes downhill then you start hiccuping for whatever reason, it's always been like that.

"You're very pretty y/n and you're such a sweet girl, I'm sure if you put yourself out there you could make a lot of friends." She walks behind her desk and starts rummaging through a drawer, she pulls out a key. "But you've already heard that from me and your mom so many times before, so I'm guessing you'll continue to eat in here the rest of the year, here's an extra key so you can come in any time you'd like." She puts the key in your hand.

"Thank you."

"Feel free to bring a couple friends in here with you if you make some."

"We'll see." She leaves the room to go who knows where.

You don't know why you keep thinking about that guy from earlier but you at least want to know his name, the teacher took role out loud today so he must've said that guys name, but you can't remember what it was.

You take out your sketchbook and go back to the drawing of him and it finally clicks in your head. He was that crazy good volleyball player that everyone called the king of the court last year, Tobio Kageyama. But you heard he got benched at finals. Now that you at least know his name, it's reasonable to be thinking about him this much, right?

Throughout the rest of the week you saw him everywhere, in class, at the vending machine, you guys left school at the same time, you saw him at the convenience store, and it all just made you think about him more. You had drawn him at least 5 more times but you lost count.

As you were studying at home somebody knocked on your bedroom door. "Come in!" Your older brother walks through the door. "What do you want Kenzou, I'm studying."

"Really? You never do that." He picks up your sketch book from off your desk, you'd left it open on one of the drawings you made of Kageyama. "Oh, who's this guy?"

"Nobody, put it down!" You try to snatch it from him but he moves away and starts flipping through pages.

"You sure do draw him a lot, do you like him or something?"

"No, now give it back!"

"Why'd you draw him so much then?"

"He's just fun to draw that's it!"

"So what's his name?"

"Shouldn't you be worrying about getting a job and moving out instead of who I draw?!"

"I'm still working on it!" You finally get your sketchbook away from him and hit the back of his head with it. "Ouch! Now you have to tell me his name!"

"Fine, his last name is Kageyama."

"Kageyama Tobio?"

"Ya, how'd you know?"

"I have a friend a year younger than me who was a 3rd year at Kitagawa when you and that Kageyama guy were 1st years, he said he was some prodigy kid he didn't like, he told me about him cause apparently he had a crush on you back then."

"Are you serious, why are you just now telling me?!"

"Why are you so excited, I thought you didn't like him?"

"I don't, I'm just curious. Do you know if he still does though?"

"No idea, but that was like 3 years ago so it'd be crazy if he still does. But I have stuff to do, good luck with your crush." He says before leaving your room.

"His friend must have mistaken me for someone else. I didn't even talk to anyone back then, I don't talk to people now either but it just doesn't make sense. Ugh, I should just stop thinking about this and go to sleep." You turn the light off and try to sleep, but you couldn't stop thinking about it did he actually like you, out of all people? Even if he doesn't anymore, for some reason you couldn't stop smiling.