Chapter One: Undying Love

My Grendizer Fanfiction...

Well, I'm a Rubina fan, and I really didn't like her dying in the 72nd episode...So I wrote this fanfiction where she survives.

This chapter is edited by Grammarly only, so please excuse my mistakes ...

This is a revised version...some details may differ from the original story...

❤️🛸 ❤️🛸 ❤️🛸❤️

Silence...

It was all that filled the air around him as he sat next to the door leading to the Operation Theatre in the hospital wing ... Heavy unnerving silence.

He looked around the cold, empty corridor, trying to distract his mind from thinking about what was happening behind the closed doors next to him. He needed to take off his mind from pondering on his loss.

He inhaled sharply as the thought of losing his beloved crossed his mind, shutting his eyes tightly in an attempt to prevent a tear from falling.

This was more than he could bear.

His heart, which was still mourning the death of his best friend Morros, would not bear another loss.

'NO!'

He shook his head stubbornly.

He was not going to lose her.

Not after all they had been through.

Not after all the suffering they both had endured.

This couldn't be the end of their love story...

Their love story, which lasted more than eight years...

Their love could not surrender so easily, even in the face of death...

Rubina would live.

Yes, she would live.

She had to...

She would live, and they would be together again ... united as husband and wife, as they had always dreamt.

Daisuke opened his eyes, letting out a deep, suffering sigh. So many things happened in less than 48 hours that his mind was still trying to catch up. So many memories and emotions that he thought were gone forever resurfaced from the depths of his soul and blunged his entire being into chaos.

A sad smile crept onto his face, remembering how his heartbeats raced when his eyes met hers after a long separation, how he held his breath when he heard her gentle, sweet voice introducing herself to him, how time seemed to stop when he had her in his arms for the first time in eight years.

"You tricked me. I was a fool when I trusted you."

He tightened his hands into fists as his own words echoed again in his mind, mocking him. He was indeed a fool!

A fool because he doubted her ... doubted her crystal blue eyes ... doubted his and her hearts ... and most importantly, doubted the love they were both still sharing.

Suddenly, the doors next to him opened, snapping Daisuke from his thoughts. He looked up and saw Dr Umon standing in front of the doors, staring at him with an unreadable expression.

"Father," Daisuke said, rising. "How is she?"

Dr Umon sighed as he approached him.

"The doctors have managed to save her life," the older man said as he sat beside his son. "but I'm not sure how severe her injuries are. The doctors are still with her in the OT."