A Falsified Half Truth: Part #3

As the Rogue warrior noticed it was futile and the dangerous looks that glinted in all eyes around them one broke their ranks holding the sword out in hand and he kneeled as he came to me. "Milady please wait" he gasped as he found Argyle's axes placed firmly round neck. I nodded as I slowly noticed his comrades falling in line behind him weapons outstretched in surrender. "Milady Lord Istani meant not betrayal he was warned you were but an imposter and he sought to bring honor to our Militia by being the one who unmasked a Serpent hiding as our Queen but he realized it was already too late by the time we broke through the crowds." he paused as Argyle forced his head up and looked deep into his eyes reading what was beneath and I saw tears forming running down the man's cheek. "He was your father was he not in his last words he spoke of betrayal" the man nodded replying "He was we were told lies and we fell for them we are feared because we are of the Istani Militia" he got out as surprisingly Argyle's blades left his neck. "Truth he speaks" Argyle spoke quietly. "They meant not betrayal it seems Odin's actions were catching up to him and he found a Scapegoat in the Militia and their leader." I looked at both Him and the man kneeled at my feet and asked what he meant. "Milady my name is Luaffgarr the Istani Militia was formed to handle all threats to the throne we are known by a fearful reputation of Action before question. We were made for a righteous reason at a time and recently the orders became more and more questioned until today. We had no idea Odin was trying to usurp the throne and for that I am sorry however our actions demand we be put to death" Luaffgarr spoke calmly. Looking at the sea of faces I realized something. These Men and Istani Militia were feared for being the best at cutting down all rival threats and they had been simply tricked. "I understand the laws however I also realize that you were deceived and in that I do not fault action." "Milady" Janathene started and once again I held up my hand. "The Militia did what none of you would dare attack the queen who was told to be an impostor they fell and died thought traitors but they fought to save us from possible tyranny should I cut them down" I questioned and I saw many looking n slowly agreeing. "But they've killed countless" One shouted "They were lied to they fell thinking all those whose lives they took to be the traitorous" I countered "and I would be honored to have many who would dare draw steel on me in thought to save our people welcomed into the Protectorate Guard. We need men like them not worried about the means as long as we are safe. They are all as of now acquitted" I spoke nodding "Milady" "It's Adrianna" I laughed and gave an answer.