England 1-0 Austria

Today was the opening match of the Euros, us v Austria.

I was starting which I was very surprised about but also very excited and grateful.

We arrived at old trafford, where the opening match was being held.

I was interviewed on the way in.

"Riley Ferguson. How do you feel that you are starting in your first Euros match?" I was asked

"I am really grateful that Sarina believes in me, enough to start me. I'm also really excited to start the tournament, hopefully on a high". I replied.

I then walked into the stadium with Lotte. I'd played at Old Trafford a few times with Arsenal but I had never played there with England.

@r.ferguson

Liked by @nikitaparris17, @jillscottjs8 and 25,718 others

@r.ferguson big one today, it's coming home🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

@lionesses 💪🏻💪🏻
@kimlittle1990 good luck x
@p.ferguson proud💗

view 7,042 other comments

...

Walking onto the pitch, alongside some of my best friends away to kick off my first major tournament for England, in England was surreal. 

I could hear the crowd cheering for us. I knew my sister was in that crowd which made it even more special.

I felt so proud while singing the national anthem.

The game kicked off and it only took us 15 minutes to score, I sent the ball over to Fran Kirby who passed it to Beth Mead who scored. I ran over to Beth who was screaming. We did it! We scored!

The rest of the game we kept possession, stopping Austria from scoring and the game ended 1-0 to us.

@r.ferguson

ferguson