F i v e

My head is pounding and my body is sweating. It's too goddam hot.

I open my eyes, looking around my surroundings. It's pitch black.

I'm still a little tipsy.

I get up from the......couch? I thought I fell asleep in the cab.

My head starts to throb, it's unbearable. I need water, my throat is so dry I can barley swallow my own spit.

I get up from the couch, my foot kicking something solid.

"What the hell?" I whisper as I kick the solid. I remember this house like the back of my hand and there is nothing next to the couch.

"Ouch" I hear the solid groan. I gasp, this is a human. What the actual fuck?

"What the hell?" I shout, making me grunt in pain. I rub my temple, trying to ease the pain.

"Aurora?" A familiar, husky voice asks. My eyes slowly adjust to the dark. I see the unknown human get up from the floor and into their full body hight.

"Luke?" I question.

"Yeah, it's me." He confirms, rubbing the back of his neck.

I can see his tall frame, just not his features. I can't see his beautiful blue eyes and his amazing lips.

"What the hell were you doing on the floor?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Sleeping." He says in a 'duh' tone.

"On the floor?" I ask. What the hell is this man doing?

"Yeah. It's pretty comfy down there." He says, laughing at the end of his sentence.

"Yeah. 'Cause everyone wants to break their back." I say sarcastically, brushing past Luke and towards the kitchen.

"Don't sass me, young lady." Luke's voice is stern.

I sigh and head to the kitchen, getting a cup from the cabinet.

"Where's my mother?" I call through the house. I don't hear a response until about a few more seconds.

"At work." Luke calls through the house, coming back with a bottle of Advil, handing me a pill.

I take the cup and head to the sink, filling my glass with water.

I take the pill and pop it into my mouth before chugging the water to help it
go down.

I turn back around and see Luke staring at me, his face looks angry.

"What the hell were you doing at that party? I picked you up and saw you wasted as hell on the damn grass. What happened?" He asks, getting closer to me.

I take a step back."Nothing happened daddy. It doesn't matter to you anyway." I respond.

I walk past him and go upstairs, entering my room.

I brush my teeth and head to bed.

-

I wake up to the noise of a piece of glass shattering.

I jolt out of bed and open my door, slowly walking through the hallway.

It's dark and quiet.

I walk closer to the door that my mother and Luke sleep in. I start to hear a low noise. It sounds like someone crying, but the noise is muffled due to the closed door.

I slowly twist the door knob and peek my head through the door.

"Daddy?" I ask. Luke has his phone next to him as he sits on the edge of the bed. His elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

He looks up at me, his eyes are red and puffy, tears brimming his eyes as a tear rolls down his face.

"Daddy, what happened?" I question as I run up to him, sitting down next to him.

"I-it's your mother. She.....overdosed." He chokes out before tears stream down his face harder.

"I'm so sorry Aurora. It was all my fault. I'm so so so sorry." Luke says as he nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck.

"It's ok daddy, it's not your fault." I say as I run my hand through his hair.

Tears start to form in my eyes. Why would my mother just do that? She knows I need her.

Luke takes his head out of my neck and looks at me."Baby, don't cry. It'll be okay. I'm here for you. I love you. You're the only thing I have now and you're now my number one priority." Luke says before kissing my neck.

It sucks so much that Luke Hemmings is my step-father.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: hey guys, I'll be updating twice today so look forward to another chapter either later today or early tomorrow ✌🏼️ bye guys!❤️

~_Madn3ss_