"Hey"

"Ugh, this is just great." You thought aloud while squeezing the water out of the bottom of your skirt.

          The rain started pouring down half an hour ago, and it wasn't showing signs of stopping any time soon. You had forgotten your umbrella and were already half-way home from school when the shower began; but luckily, you spotted a gazebo nearby to shelter yourself in. Now you just had to stay there and wait it out.

          The air was cold and humid, making you shiver slightly inside your damp jacket. "This sucks." Your voice came as a shaky whisper. The rain and thunder were so loud, that you scarcely heard the footsteps of someone approaching your way.

           It took a moment or two, but you finally identified the tall figure that entered the gazebo in your company.

           "T-Tachibana-Senpai?"

          He shook some of the water out of his smooth, olive hair before poising his eyes on you. "...Ah! You're [Last Name]-San from class 2-A! Fancy meeting you here." He smiled warmly at you.

          Tachibana Makoto; captain of the Iwatobi Swim Club, and also your biggest crush since the 6th grade. Your heart was pounding extremely fast. /Say something!!\

          "S-so you also got caught in the rain, huh?" You questioned whilst fiddling with your fingers.

          "Hahaha yeah...thank goodness this gazebo was here. I lent my umbrella to a friend of mine and got drenched as a result."

          He sat down next to you on the bench and took off his jacket to squeeze most of the water off. His undershirt was also wet and stuck to his smooth skin, detailing every single muscle on his torso. /I didn't know he was that toned\ the thought brought a flash of red to your cheeks as you eyed him from the side.

          "Ahem. So [Last Name]- San, if I recall, you went to the same elementary school as I did, correct?"

          "....yeah.."

          "I knew I remembered you from somewhere! You were always playing hide-and-seek with the others, like every single day." He chuckled.

          Your heart froze. "Y-you remember me since elementary school, senpai??"

          "It's kind of hard to miss a cute girl like you." He stated while sneaking a side-glance your way.

          /Holy shizz, he thinks I'm cute?!\ You felt even more heat rising to your face.

          "I, um...I'm not that cute, Senpai."

          "Don't be so modest. You are very pretty."

          Your head turned to look at him. You had no idea what sort of expression you were making, but he seemed to be surprised about it and began to blush a bit.

          "I mean...uhh *ahem*" He rubbed his neck nervously.

          "Hahaha" You chuckled without warning, "Well, you're pretty cute yourself, Senpai. In fact.." you smiled at him "I've been wanting to talk to you like this for a long time." /Where the hell is this coming from?!?!?!\ you quivered internally.

           "..." He stared at you with baffled, green eyes and cleared his throat, "..why is that?"

          "W-well." Your hands shook as they nervously squeezed your skirt, "I've always admired your humble nature and how well you treat others. Also, you help out whenever someone else needs you and you do it without any sort of hesitation. You're kind of...like..a hero or something." /Hero?? Hah.....nice going, stupid\ you scolded yourself mentally.

          The stillness that followed afterward made you uneasy and you wouldn't dare to face him so you laughed to break the silence, "Hahahhahaha! Sorry, sorry, that must've sounded a bit cliche. I apologize for-"

          His hand held onto yours so quickly it took a while for you to look at him in the eyes. He spoke, "I-I, umm..! Would you like to hang out with m- I mean, the swim club sometime? Only you want to of course... " He bit his lip at the end of the sentence.

          /He's so close! Oh my gosh he's adorable!\ your heart fluttered in disbelief. "Sure! I mean..I'd love to.."

          He sighed as if filled with sudden relief. "Great." He smiled and relaxed back onto the bench "The truth is that I've also had my eye on you, [last name]-San."

          Your stomach clenched into a knot and your whole body quivered for a moment. /Is this really happening?!\ "I-I...Is that so...?"

         "Yeah." He remained in silence for a few seconds, allowing the pattering of the hard rain to consume the atmosphere instead. It was cold, and even though you were just sitting still, your heart was beating a thousand beats per second. Your hands trembled, unable to know what to say or do, you just stared down to the floor until his sweet voice sliced through the awkwardness, "Hey..."

          "Y-Yes?" You jolted.

          "Once the rain stops, wanna go for a walk?? I could really use the company." He smiled.

          " Sure!" you squealed without a moment's hesitation, quickly noticing and blushing at your impulsiveness. "I-I mean..of course I would."

          He laughed and then looked up at the sky, with a look in his eyes you had never seen before. It looked like..satisfaction? 

          "Today is a beautiful day." He said as he contemplated the gray clouds, and although the weather was a bit dreary and dark, you knew exactly what he meant. 

         So you laid back and looked up just as he did, agreeing that sometimes even if things don't seem to go your way, life can find a way to surprise you when you least expect it, and that's what makes it so beautiful.