Hard Work Day

You watched as Sun ran to each group of kids around the daycare, ensuring that all of them got what they needed. Even though he was programmed for this, you were still surprised at how good he was at his job. He skipped around happily, already covered in stickers and glitter glue from head to toe. Despite hating getting washed, he was really asking for it. Watching him made you more aware of smaller habits he had as well. You saw that when he got overwhelmed, his rays would slightly retract. You knew that it was left over programming from when both Sun and Moon were in the same body, but for some reason you found this cute. 

 You managed to snap back into reality as Sun gestured all of the children to the napping area. You looked at a Sun-Themed clock that hung on the wall nearby in a panic.

 Gosh, how long have I been staring? 10 minutes? 15?

 Before you could even think too much about it, you heard the all too familiar voice call out your name.

 "Excuse me, Y/N!?" 

 You looked over to see the messy Sun waving frantically, "May you turn off the lights?" 

 You nodded, "Yes Sir!" 

 He thanked you before you flipped the switch close behind you, and you couldn't help but laugh when you turned to see the tall figure run and jump into one of the play structures to hide.

 "Bye Sunny~" All of the children sung in unison, giggling at the animatronics sudden reaction to the darkness.

 Moon exited onto the balcony above the ball pit on cue, "Hello to all my shooting stars!" He greeted cheerfully.

 All of the kids cheered and greeted him as he slowly lowered onto the ground to greet them. You found it hilarious that none of them noticed the shining, silver cable that was strapped onto the loop on his back. Moon disconnected it from himself as the children crowded around him, tugging on his pants like they did to his brother. He made sure to watch the cable go up before asking, "Does anyone want to hear a bedtime story?" 

  A few of them did a thumbs down as they shook their heads, but most nodded as the yawned to his appearance. From there, it was easy to lead them all to the large nest of pillows and blankets that he was sulking in earlier. Thanks to the much comfier replacements, he didn't even have to do much to get most of them to sleep. The only ones that didn't were the ones that said no to his question, along with a couple of stubborn girls. Not wanting to sing, he gifted each of them with a Moondrop. You mentally laughed at how desperate he was when it came to avoiding his talent. 

Once he was sure that all of the children had gone into deep slumber, he surprised you by walking up to the counter. He made sure to keep his distance, but still talked to you in a creepy whisper.

 "Hello." He greeted.

 "Hello Moon," you replied, "What brings you here?" 

 He pointed at the feline plush that was in your lap at the time, "That." 

You felt a grin begin to stretch across your face as you passed it to him without a hesitation. He caught it with no struggle, not moving anything but one of his arms to catch it. You were mesmerized by how long his arms were.

"Is that all?" You asked. You felt like one of those cashiers at the grocery store you shopped at.

 "No, actually," He answered, copying the grin that was slowly fading away from your face as he placed his free hand on the ground, "I actually want an answer from you, if that's alright." 

 The way he said that made your heartbeat increase a noticeable amount. His low, raspy voice didn't help much either. 

 "Y-yeah sure, what is it?" 

 He leaned over, making the space between the both of you decrease. Your faces were only about a foot away from each other at this point. 

 "I saw you...eyeing Lunar here," he replied, raising it to the point that it is was blocking you from his face. His eyes peered at you from above Lunar Crystal's head, "So tell me... Is there anything else that you would like to know so that I can't catch you looking over all of my belongings?" 

 You felt yourself begin to heat up as you tried to back away, but he only leaned in closer. The only this that you could come up with was:

 "W-well, I would like to know where Sun went this morning."

 Wow, smart move Y/N. Smart move.

Your response earned a chuckle from Moon as he gained the audacity to walk around the counter to sit beside you. The chairs behind the counters were built almost like gaming chairs. He laid back in one of them, his eyes closing halfway.

 "Maybe later tonight, but something tells me that you are keeping... more questions away from me." 

 "What do you mean?" 

 "I don't know... Maybe WHY this here might be important to me?" He held the cat plush up in front of your face, making you feel a little insecure. 

 "I was kind of wondering why a child would give you such a gift like that, if that counts as a question." You told him. You were proud of what you managed to come up with on the spot. It technically wasn't a lie either, so if they had any lie detector technology like the glamrocks than he technically couldn't see it as a lie. 

 Moon sighed, "Well, if you really want to know, the girl that gifted this to me actually did so when I still had the glitch. Apparently, her parents were forcing her to get rid of some of the toys that she didn't want any more to give it to charity. This happened to be one of them, and she made the tag with some of her art supplies in the morning right before coming here." He chuckled as he stroked one of the felines ears, "It was mental health awareness week for her school at the time, and the glitch was known by almost everyone after a while so..." 

 You looked at the gift in awe. This backstory was more wholesome than you thought it would be. Moon looked up at you with a new look on his face. A look that told you that he knew what you were thinking. He looked almost annoyed by knowing this. Still, he didn't say anything. He didn't get to since the lights had turned on, signaling that naptime was over. He quickly ran off to hide from the children, still holding Lunar in his hands. Sun immediately hopped out from the play structure to greet his tired guests. Some of the stickers were already peeled off of him to avoid his wash later that day. 

 You knew that this upcoming night was going to be exciting.