Only Us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BADDIE BESTIE TORTOR 🥳🥳

Ha-Halle can you be my girlfriend?"

The six year old giggled behind a hand as she nodded.

"Ok Soobin! We are boyfriend girlfriend." She said followed by more giggles.

-

"Soobin why are you sweating?" Halle giggles. The 14 year old looking at her best friend.

"I'm sweating? Oh sorry." He looks around nervously, smiling finally when they see their dessert coming.

"Here you are," the waitress smiles as she puts the plate in front of Halle.

'Halle will you be my girlfriend?' Written in caramel on the side of the cake. Halle giggles looking up at Soobin.

"Yes but, when did we break up?" She swipes a piece of frosting with her finger and pops it on his nose before erupting in laughter at the shocked expression on his face.

"Soobin I'm not telling you to to break up with her. I love Halle I really do but just know that relationships when you go to different colleges are though! I know you love Halle but also love your life."

Soobin rolled his eyes at his older sister. "Noona do I need to marry her to show everyone how serious I am about Halle? I'm 18 now it wouldn't be hard to do."

Sooyoung (from SNSD) eyes widened at her little brother. "Soobin you are entirely too young to even think about marriage are you kidding me?"

"I've been hearing 'too young' my whole life when it comes to my relationship! I've been dating Halle since I was 14!! Mom and Dad said a girlfriend would be a distraction and I'm too young, I've been in honor classes since then!! We get to high school, still I'm too young to have a girlfriend and I should focus on getting my resume for college ready, Halle has introduced me to so many things and together we get into the top schools in 3 different states, now I'm 18, I've already proclaimed my love for this girl multiple times and still I'm too young and should "live my life" when I go off to college. What's next noona 25? Is 25 still to young?"

Sooyoung let out a heavy sigh as she shook her head. "Alright. Watch what happens, and don't say I didn't warn you." She sighs as she leaves.

"Halle do you want to end you like your sister?"

Halle looks at her parents incredulously. "What's wrong with my sister?"

"She got knocked up by that boy and couldn't finish school on time. Do you want to end up like that?"

Halle shakes her head. "Chloe didn't get "knocked up" was it unplanned? Yeah but you know what at least she went to college and finished! She took 2 semesters off because she was stressed not with the baby but because you you guys! You guys ran her out of here and that's why you guys don't have a relationship with your grandson! Chloe graduated with a 4.0! To me she's the strongest woman I know!"

"Don't talk like that in front of your mother!" Her dad boomed.

"Or what!? You're going to kick me out too? Guess what dad I leave in two weeks! WITH SOOBIN! My whole life you guys have been shoving 'too young' down my throat when it comes to Soobin and I'm sick of it! I love him and he loves me! And we will be just fine when we're in college!"

Her father laughs as he shakes his head. "And when you come running back because he broke your heart and kicks you out on the curb don't say I didn't tell you nothing."

Halle moves to leave before turning back to her parents.

"You know, it's very telling that THAT is what you hope to happen to your daughter when she tells you she's in love. That's very telling dad."

She grabbed her keys and walked out of the house.

Halle let out that giggle she always did, the one he loved dearly as they walked into their new condo.

Nathan held onto Soobin's hand looking around his parents behind them.

"I feel like every time I come in here, it's bigger." Yeonjun sighs as puts the car seat on the chair. Chloe enters with a wrapped gift and an envelope a wide smile on her face.

"Guys no," Soobin sighs as the older couple laugh.

"You guys got married and got your first place in the matter of a week! Of course we had to get you something!" Chloe beams.

"Me too mommy? Nathan gets a present?" The four year old stands on his tippy toes to look at the gift.

"Here you can open it with us buddy." Soobin hoists him up on the counter. The three of them unwrap the box, Halle gasping at the photo frame of the day Soobin proposed. She touches the edge of the frame, smiling down at the words engraved in.

'Not Too Young At All'

The newly weds laugh at the phrase, Halle looking up at the older two with tears in her eyes. "I hate that y'all are gonna make me cry." She pouts, moving to go give them a hug, Soobin joining shortly after.

"Maybe it's just me but the real money is in the envelope." Yeonjun chuckles.

"Babe- Ignore his ass." Chloe giggles. "It's just a little present from Nathan and Yuna."

Yeonjun nods wrapping himself behind his wife. "Yes and just so you guys know, if you don't want that check Nathan and Yuna will GLADLY take it ba-"

Chloe rolls her eyes as she covers his mouth. "Ok and see this is what happens when you have newborn, the delirium kicks in! So enjoy each other while you guys can. As for us, we will get out of yall's hair I'm sure you guys will appreciate some alone time and we'll be back tomorrow to help you guys unpack and such. Right baby?"

Yeonjun nods collecting Nathan from the counter. "Yes, don't do anything crazy we'll see you love birds tomorrow."

"Congrats again guys." Chloe squeals hugging the both of them again. "I have a new brother!!" She giggles, taking Yuna's car seat as she leaves.

Soobin and Halle laugh waving goodbye as they drive off.

-

Halle places her phone down on the counter before going to her husband. Nat King Cole croons on the song, Soobin whispering the lyrics as he slow dances with Halle.

"If we have a wedding, you know this is gonna be our song right?"

He smiles as he dips her making her laugh. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

She smiles up at him before resting her head on his chest as she sways with him. Married, their own place, everything was falling in line just as she wanted.

"You know, I thought today was gonna be sad," She whispers. "I thought I'd be an emotional wreck that our parents didn't want to join us but you know, having Chloe and Yeonjun there and those sweet babies, I don't know I just felt the love. It was felt like when I would dream of my own once upon a time." She giggles pressing a kiss to his chest.

He thinks for a moment before nodding. "No, yeah them there, that's all I needed. If our families to this day can't grow up, we don't need them. Our story has always been about us and if they don't want to be apart of that, fuck them."

Halle giggles as she's dipped again. "Yeah...fuck them." She stands on her toes to kiss him, laughing through it as he picks her up. "Husband."

"Wife." He smirks. "I just think, I have a perfect way to end our special day."

She taps her chin with her finger pretending to think. "Hmm, I don't know what you mean."

"I'll show you...on our new mattress." He smirks before running off with her to the bedroom.