Chapter 5

Anuj peered out of his car at the dance academy and his eyes searched for her. It was his routine to check on her post work to see how she was doing. He never stopped being her guardian angel all these years. The little miracles through her life were all courtesy of this angel and he intended she'd never find out.

He drew in a breath as he saw her walking out. She was wearing that same classic side braid that he loved so much. He longed for the day that he'd be able to caress that braid and unfurl it and run his hands through her long hair as he untangled it. More images rushed though his head as his cheeks flushed. He dared not continue down this path right now, he needed to focus. But he promised himself that he'd make her his soon enough. He would give her everything, his soul, body, everything would be hers - for eternity.

~

He loved the way her saree was draped and her face looked so serene and peaceful. Not seeing her mangalsutra and sindoor gave him so much sukoon. She was finally out of that toxic relationship. She had never been happy, truly happy all those years. Anuj had wanted to get her out earlier but he never dared to ruin her family in his eagerness to make her his. She chose to uphold that relationship and he respected her decisions.

But now, things were different.

As he gazed at her, he couldn't help himself from going back to admire her figure. Her waist and figure were appealing to his basic natures and his gaze turned from pure admiration to one that was mixed with a tinge of desire and lust. His Anupama, she was finally free of her cage. And he vowed to keep her flying in the air if it was the last thing he did.

~