Phone Calls

First period: No max
Second period: Max
Third period: No max
Fourth period: Max
Fifth period: Max
Sixth period: No max
Well, me and Max are in a lot of classes together! And in all of those classes, I didn't get his number. Why did I not get his number?! Oh well, I'll get it another day, but I want his number!! Wait...why do I care so much about having his number? I don't like him! He's a friend. Yeah! I need his number because he's a friend! Right? I don't know. We're just friends.

(Friday)
Okay, another day. I have to look good! I did the same natural make up as Monday. Then I put a turquoise crop top on and some floral jean shorts. Then I put white flats on and a few bracelets. For my hair, I put it in a messy bun and curled the baby hairs. I finished it off with a pearl beaded headband, and I was out the door! Later, I went to 2nd period. My seat is next to Max in all the classes we have together. So we usually pass notes. This time, I wrote this:

"Hey! I was wondering...can I have your number? It would be fun to hang out out of school, eh? :)"

Then he replied.

"Yeah! Here-(not writing a number :P)"

Finally. I have his number. AHHHH.

"Thanks :) Here's mine:(again, not writing a number :P) text you later!"

Once I got home, I completely forgot to text Max. But like 2 minutes later, he texted me.

"Meet me at the ice cream shop 5:00? ;)"

"Sure! Be there in a few x)"

I can't believe it. I'm so happy. I get to see Max out of school. I hope it goes well.

Max's POV
I'm so nervous. Lily is hard. I like it. Easy girls aren't for me. She is truly beautiful. I think I'm in love. I grabbed a taxi and headed to the ice cream shop. The car ride was really awkward. All I could think about was Lily. Once I got there, my heart was racing. I got a table and waited for Lily to arrive. In about 5 minutes, I heard the bell ring. It was Lily. "Hey Lily! Glad you could make it!" "Hey! So good to see you!" Her smile. Her voice. Everything. It was so beautiful. I stood up and asked her to come choose our ice cream. I got chocolate chunk & Lily got banana coconut. She sat down while I grabbed the ice creams. I handed hers over and sat down. I had no idea what to say, so me being the idiot I am, I said, "So, have you ever had a boyfriend?" She actually was fine with that question. "No, when I was younger, all I cared about was school. Have you had any girlfriends before?" "Yeah, but only one. It didn't last long because she only thought about herself." "Oh. I'm sorry." We talked for quite a while. Then Lily started getting a bunch of calls. Around the tenth call, I said,"Just answer the call. It seems important." She picked up the phone and smiled at me with a sorry kind of smile. She kept wandering around the tables until she stopped, looked at me, then ran out the door.

A/N: Hey guys! Second chapter!! ;) The next chapter you will find out what the title means. Why would she run out the door? Find out in the next chapter! :) Sorry the chapters are so short. But they will get longer when more stuff begins. Thanks for reading!!