005. empty, emptier

(empty, emptier)

(empty, emptier)

Margot hated all things that were complicated. That was one of the reasons she and Brie decided to be friends – their relationship was just too complicated.

When she was a kid she strayed away from having friends. People were complicated and they pissed her off. The only person who wasn't complicated in her childhood was a seventeen-year-old boy from the coven next door.

He was her best friend, a brother even. And though they weren't bound by blood, they were closer than ever. The reason they were so close was due to one reason.

They were both siphoners. Both abominations in their parents' eyes.

And his name?

His name was Kai Parker. The black sheep of the Gemini coven.

When she escaped from her father's hold she searched for him. She searched night and day in every little crevice of the earth until she found his grave.

Turns out, Kai Parker had died on May 10th, 1994, only months after her father locked her away.

— — —

Margot woke to the sounds of Damon and Stefan arguing. Their voices were loud which let her hear every word.

Stefan had still been angry that they didn't tell him their plan, and was filled with disappointment in his brother and daughter. So, Margot did what any teenager would do; she went back to sleep.

Before she could, however, her door opened, causing her to let out an angry groan. "Dad, if you try to wake me up I will slap you."

"Elijah's gone and so is Elena."

The siphoner sighed, "And what do you want me to do?"

"Well, first I want you to eat because when you don't you're a bitch and then I want you to do a locator spell."

She tilted her head, the act making her resemble a puppy. "Vampcakes?"

"Already on the stove. Now get up or I'll pour this bucket of water on your head."

Her eyes widened, "Where did that- Never mind. I'll be down in a minute. I don't have any pants on."

Stefan smirked as he leaned against her doorframe, "Oh, and tell your little friend to go. We can't have you distracted today."

Margot grinned as Natasha came out from under the covers with a deep red blush on her face. "Hey, Stefan..."

"Hello, Natasha. I hope you don't mind but I need Margot for the day."

"Oh, no it's cool-" she glanced down and blushed even more when she realized that only a linen sheet had been covering her naked body.

Stefan must have noticed as well because he quickly walked out, "I'll be outside."