✬ 𝙴𝙿 40 ✬

A little announcement: the new schedule for uploading new chapters is now updated, and you can check it by visiting my profile. Let me know your thoughts about the new schedule.

Happy Update Day! :D

Also didn't notice the time and the alarm didn't rang so the upload was kind of late lol.

Just a tiny quick note, I didn't check it trice so if any English error or double sentence let me know :)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The day you told Jerry is the day he also shared the grief and sorrows when you disappeared from their lives. Brad and Jason still followed Jake, but after his organization, they went away for a while, knowing how this stuff is very wrong.

Same as Jerry, they tried to tell Jake that this is very wrong and that you wouldn't like it, scolding him so much that he would rethink why he chose this path. He can do better than that; there are more good ways than this, and they would be there at every step.

Knowing Brad and Jason's loyalty to Jake, they would come back for sure. After learning this stuff, you couldn't help but chuckle dryly. You knew this would happen, but heck, you didn't expect it to have that big of an impact after you disappeared. Glancing to your right and seeing Jerry swallow the whole food you just cooked a minute ago

"Take it easy; the food won't run away."

"I know, I just want to see if I'm not dreaming. How have you been, Y/N?"

"Good. I'm doing fine. I'm kind of feeling guilty about what I did to you guys, but I have a reason as to why I did it."

"...What kind of reason?"

Scratching your nape, you gave him a small smile and said, "I can't tell you now, but in the near future I will explain it all."

Jerry lowered his eyes, staring at the empty bowl. Soon he felt his eyes getting wet again. This wasn't a dream-the food, the new place you're now living, and you giving him some more rice just like you did before, "...We miss you, Y/N."

"I miss you all too."

"How long will you hide like this? When will you tell Jake? You know me; I'm his sword, and to you as well. I can't lie to him."

"I have a feeling you would say that, so Jerry, be my shield for the meantime. Don't worry, I will tell him, not now, but soon."

Jerry knitted his eyebrow. He wanted to ask you if there was something back then as to why you did this, this hiding, this faking of death. Do your parents or Jake's mom know? Does anyone know that you are alive except for him? And for how long? His curiosity was soon answered when you suddenly spoke.

"Lua Im know that I'm alive. Jerry, I want to tell you all what I have really been doing over those years and how far I have come." With a long sigh, you eyed Jerry. "Can you promise me something?"

As soon as Jerry nodded, you smiled. "Even if it's tempting, promise me not to tell Jake that I'm alive and, in this place, there would be a time for that, and I would go straight to where he is. I will be the person to tell him. Okay?"

"Okay, can I have a fourth?"

"You can have it all! Haha!" Just like an old memory, it can be a new memory. A new place, a new person, a new beginning, and an ending were found. Not one-sided or things like that.

You were grateful for Jerry, and he happily accepted your offer to be the manager of the shelter you opened. He didn't question it and just savored the time with an old friend. Those weighted feelings within you are like one stone getting lifted off little by little; it felt good not to hide or lie anymore.