11. Niko

It's already been four days for our vacation and Camilla is still awkward around me.

We talked but not like we were used to do. And it's only killing me.

It's killing me to see her in front of my eyes and not been able to hold her.

My heart aches for some reason.

My heart aches every time I see her and think she isn't mine.

.

Camilla is someone you'd be ready to die for.

Not because she is a princess but because she is worth dying for.

Camilla was always a reserved but mannerly girl. She has never been stubborn or troubled girl. I don't remember Uncle Rhys or Aunt Bridget getting worked up because of her.

She has always been this kind, prudent and lovely girl who sprinkle her magic everywhere.

I used to say to her that wherever she walks, flower blooms.

Animals and birds follows her.

And the fairy dust leaves behind when she passes.

And now that it's been four days of her fairy dust sprinkled around my aura, I feel intoxicated. I feel addicted to her presence around me and I can't...

I can't deny the fact that I am fucking attracted to her.

I don't know what exactly to call it but,

But it feels like I'd rather be blind than her leaving my sight.

Fuck.

Am I really falling for her?!

.

"What are you doing here, Niko?!" Camilla surprised to find me standing in her room. It's four in the fucking morning and I couldn't sleep.

I couldn't sleep because her thoughts are haunting me. Thoughts of her leaving me. Thoughts of her disappearing. Thoughts of her being with someone else.

I can't take this anymore.

.

"I left something with you, Caramel." I said as I lazily walked towards her and slammed the door close behind us.

"What is it?" She swallowed, looking straight into my eyes when my body hovered close to her. Her face looks serious and body looks nervous.

And I don't like it when she is nervous.

She looks more beautiful when she smiles.

"My heart?" I chuckled and she smiled with obviousness. Her stressed face cracked a smile and I already feel the victory warming my heart.

"Stop flirting Niko! You already get us caught." She placed her palm on my chest and pushed me behind a little. "Lia..."

"Lia knows, doesn't she?" I asked even before Camilla can complete her sentence. I know how sharp Lia is. Especially when it comes to finding what's hiding.

Especially something I am hiding.

So much for being bestfriends with the people like her.

All of my friends knows me like an open book. Camilla also used to know me when we were close but this five years of gap has changed a lot of things.

But one thing is still the same and that is my ability to make her smile.

I own the right to make her smile. No one else can do it better than me.