Rose - Chapter 2

"Your home early" Derek Miller exclaimed, sarcasm dripping from his mouth as I walked into the house. I rolled my eyes at him and headed for the kitchen. He followed after me, feeling the need to get a good reaction out of me. He hated being ignored, he liked it when I went berserk. "Nolan isn't very happy, trust me and neither are your parents".

I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water, uncapped it and drank the content quickly. "I'm not happy either, Derek so freak off". Derek smirked, satisfied with himself. He turned and walked out of the kitchen. It was a really big problem that they were all doing college online, cause they all wanted to stay home and not move out. I grabbed my bag and headed for my room, I was barely up the stairs when I ran into the youngest of us all, Alvin. 

He had a mischievous look on his face and a game pad in his hand. "oh, hey sis, Nolan's mad at you". Chris came running out of his room yelling profanities, Alvin took that as his cue to continue his journey down the stairs. Chris ran past me without even acknowledging my presence. He paused at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at me. "Nolan's mad at you".

"Thank you so much" I yelled at him, groaning and walking into my room. Luke was in my room, silting on my bed watching a re run of friends. He grinned when he saw me. "don't tell me Nolan's mad at me" I advised him, because if the words came out of his mouth by accident, I was going to murder someone. Luke winced but didn't say it.

"What did you do?" he asked, silting up a bit to look at me properly. I threw my bag into my closet and kicked off my shoes.

"I didn't do anything; Maples doesn't like me" I replied. He raised an eyebrow and stared. "Fine, I may or may not have drawn a caricature of her, trust me it was more of a portrait". Luke burst into laughter. He wasn't going to be laughing when Nolan got home. Everyone thought I had the worst temper in the house but that happened to be Nolan, he was just a notch over mine.

 I couldn't really blame him though; it wasn't very easy watching over 5 siblings with no parents around. Our parents had travelled abroad to work, and they'd been away for about 6 months. Trust me, anyone who had to live with the twins for that long would go crazy.

"Roselynne Camryn Miller, get your ass down here" Nolan yelled from down the stairs. I sighed, walking out of my room and heading down the stairs. Nolan sure enough was getting out of his coat with a pissed look on his face.

"Rose, kindly explain to me why I got a call from your teacher claiming you drew a disrespectful picture of her" he asked, glaring at me.

"it wasn't disrespectful, I just drew a portrait" I replied. Nolan rubbed his forehead furiously.

"it wasn't a portrait" he stated as a matter of fact "it was a caricature".

I raised an eyebrow at him, tilting my head to the side thoughtfully "are you sure Nolan?". I gave me a deadpanned looked and narrowed his eyes at me. "Fine, I'm sorry".

"you're grounded for a week" he announced, walking past me, muttering curses as he went. I looked up the stairs and saw all my siblings watching, Luke had a sympathetic look on his face while the twins were grinning on the other hand Alvin was nowhere to be seen.

"Well Rose, I think you've learnt your lesson" Derek said, "but I must agree with you, it really did look like a portrait". I didn't even laugh. I just rolled my eyes and headed up the stairs to my room. I walked past them and headed into my room. I sat by my window seat and texted lily. She'd been texting me to make sure that I was still alive.

'I'm alive' I replied to her and shut my phone. I just wished my parents would come back home. I looked out of my window when I noticed a white van stop in front of the house. It was an empty house. It seemed like someone was moving in next door. 

I felt my heart stop when Ryder Conan came out from the front of the van, followed by another boy who looked younger but very much like him and then another who looked older than both of them.

"Oh shit" I said.

"What?" Luke said so close to me, that I yelled so loud. This caught the attention of the 3 new neighbors, they looked at my window but I Dived down before they could see my face. Luke was looking down at me with an amused expression on his face.

"We have new neighbors" he stated thoughtfully.

"No shit Sherlock" I replied, getting up from the floor and dusting myself. I came back beside him to look but they'd all gone inside of the house. This was real bad news. I'd done a good job of avoiding that guy but what would I do if he by chance came to ask for a cube sugar.

"i came to ask if you've seen Alvin" Luke finally said, stating the reason why he almost gave me a heart attack. I shook my head then we heard Nolan yell.

"Alvin" well they'd found him.

"and the chipmunks" Chris yelled from his room. I rolled my eyes. There was nothing you wouldn't hear.