Secondhand Smoking (The Fun Way)

You honestly didn't think that you'd live through that short trip from Crow Island to Loguetown. 

Not with Aokiji - the Blue Pheasant - who had been breathing down your neck the entire time. (you were lying to yourself- Aokiji was probably sleeping on the floor somewhere, completely and utterly dead to the world).

Another perk you already knew you had- accelerated healing. You didn't heal immediately, but by the next day you were perfectly fine- and you were now going to be arriving at Loguetown later that same day. Courtesy of the bastards that threw you into this world, and not because of Kosai. He already knew how to stop you from bleeding out. That's probably all you needed in this world.

It'd come in handy later if you got doughnutted like some of your favorite anime characters. You wouldn't be much of a help if you bled out on the ground like a jelly doughnut that someone stomped on.

You were now in tip top shape so whatever Marine Captain that agreed to parent you for a month could now beat you into a pulp. It's not like you expected for them to treat you like a princess. If you were then you'd be insulted. Your dad let the Marines borrow you for a reason.

So, if you could snoop around at the base, then you'd try. You wanted to learn the techniques that CP-9 could use. Or at least learn a few that would help you in the long run.

Because you didn't know who would be taking care of you, you were paranoid. What if it was someone who watched you like a hawk and never let you outside in fear that you'd be kidnapped? You hadn't had any experience with kidnapping or any threats. But word might've been spreading that there was a princess heading to Loguetown.

Your expectations of the captain being Smoker were low- and you didn't know what time in the anime that he was assigned at the Marine base at the town.

You had quickly recovered from the shock of your plans being (momentarily) ruined. In reality, the only thing you didn't want to do was learn Marine techniques in fighting. You wanted to have your own fighting style, which was now the most random hand-to-hand combat.

"I do think that you should at least get some sort of weapon."

Like what, though? You leaned on the bars as you overlooked the water. You were supposed to arrive in about an hour or so. I can't use a gun- don't even know how to. Not to mention that they use flintlocks here. I do want to be a combatant on Luffy's crew. I guess I do need a signature.

"Yes. From your skills, you'd be the ship's seamstress at best."

You made a face but said nothing. You could make the meanest batch of brownies and muffins on planet earth. Sewing, knitting, and crocheting were hobbies that you had taken up a while ago. Yes, you had the hobbies of an old lady.

Kosai was chuckling. "It will come in handy one of these days. You already know most of the weapons of the Straw Hats."

Yeah. You mindlessly counted off of your fingers. Nami uses that modified bo staff, Usopp uses a slingshot, Luffy uses... himself? Sanji uses his legs, and Chopper and Robin both use their Devil Fruits. Franky also uses himself to fight. Oh, and Zoro uses three swords.

"...I know a weapon that would suit you."

Really? What? If there's anyone who knows what I should pick, it's you. You were hyped. Maybe you'd get to use something cool.

Kosai felt like he was already implying what you should chose for your weapon. Or rather, weapons. You (someone who was about as sharp as a bowling ball) didn't get the hint and he had to explain.