Chapter 1

Miles lay in his room, headphones on at full volume blasting Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee. He was currently in his own world, not bothered by anything happening around him. That is, up until something strange happened. A weird portal opened above him, and there appeared a girl with platinum blonde and pink hair. She called out to Miles, which woke him up from his imaginary world.

The girl jumped out of the portal and onto his bed, looking around the room before directly at Miles.

"G-Gwen..? What are you doing here?" Miles asked her, not fully comprehending what was happening.
"Hey Miles! How's things hanging?" Gwen asked, a huge smirk on her face. She wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a tight bear hug. He soon returned the hug, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer.
"I missed you.." He said, trailing off. A faint blush tinted his tan cheeks.
"Mhm.. yeah" she replied.
"So.. how is everything?" He asked, a hint of confusion in his tone.
"Yeah, Yeah.. everything's great.. just great". He could tell she was lying by her lack of eye contact and awkward tone, but he chose to not mention it. He was still very confused and frankly shocked as to how she was here, but also relieved. Him missing her was an understatement. He longed for her, even going as far as dreaming about her. And now she was right in-front of him, in the flesh.

Miles stared at her intently, taking in her features. Her eyes were unusually puffy and bloodshot, her face paler than usual and her hair messy and uneven. He connected the dots and realised she had been crying.

"Have.. you been crying..?" He asked nervously. She looked up at him and rubbed her eyes, looking down at the carpet on the floor.
"A little.. It's fine now though."
"No it's not. Tell me what's up, you can always talk to me.." He said to her, placing a hand on her shoulder and gently rubbing it. A long sigh left her lips as her body relaxed under his touch.

"It's just.. I missed you so much and ever since I got back home, things haven't been the same without you. I was so used to seeing you that, when i didn't, i missed you so much. Thinking about you became part of my daily routine.." She continued on, still averting eye contact. Miles was in pure shock. She.. missed him.? That couldn't be true.. I mean, it's him. And then it's her! She was so much better than him in every way possible, and here she was saying that she missed him?

"I- I don't know what to say. I mean.. I've felt the exact same way ever since you went back. All I could look forward too was seeing you again, and here we are" he said with a slight chuckle, before letting out a quiet sigh. She looked towards him, a glimmer of hope in her previously dull eyes. A small smiled spread onto her face as she pulled him into another hug. This one lasted for longer and felt more intimate.. more right.

They both looked into each others eyes, comfortable in the silence surrounding them both. What felt like instincts to both of them kicked in, and their lips connected for a short and savoury kiss. Miles's hand made it's way up to Gwen's cheek, holding and caressing it gently, like it was glass or something precious. Gwen's hands made their way into Miles's brown, curly hair and began playing with it. Soon enough the kiss ended with them both pulling apart for air. They both stared at each other, panting and red faced. And before they both knew it, they both burst into laughter.

"Oh god.. You have no idea how long i've wanted to do that for.." Miles finally spoke after some time, breaking the giggle filled silence.
"That felt nice, nicer than I expected. Maybe.. it's a sign.?" Gwen asked reluctantly.
"Maybe it is.." Miles said, cupping her cheek yet again.

"Gwanda, will you go out with me?"