Chapter 5

Standing in the dark bath I looked down at my naked body for a moment. Then I reached for the new dress and pulled the dress up my hips, I felt empty. Something at the bottom of my stomach seemed to flip around and I tried my damnedest to ignore the eire feelings that lingered in my chest. Taking in a deep breath I pushed my arms into the sleeves and pulled up the zipper until it rested on my lower back. Once the dress was snuggly on my body, I ran my hand down the silk material and picked up my clothes. But I didn't rush out of the bathroom at first, instead I closed my eyes and thought of what I was about to do.

What I would have to do tonight and keep my mouth shut and show that I am not a threat. This is no longer just about my life, it was about Sheila's as well. She had children, she had a mate. She had a life, and I had... I had nothing. Slowly I closed my eyes and let my shoulders relax as I walked out of the bathroom.

While I was gone, Sheila had gotten dressed. She had on a dark green dress that seemed to shine in the lights from the vanity. Her brown hair rested down her back, and she kept her face empty from any makeup. She didn't need it. Sheila was stunning, one of the most stunning women I've ever seen. She smiled widely as tears filled her eyes, "Did you look at yourself?" She asked. I shook my head.

She rushed to grab my hand and pulled me to the vanity to look at my appearance. Sheila smiled widely as she looked at the same reflection as I was. Only, she smiled with pride and I only stared. I tilted my head as I touched my beautiful crafted hair. The frizzy hair turned into thick braids that wrapped around my hair allowing the large curls to rest down my open back. The dark blue dress has pushed my breast up. Well the little bit of breast I had, a transparent fabric rested over my chest that turned into shimmering straps.

The dark blue fabric seemed to sparkle in the light with small little diamonds around the thin fabric that fell over the dark blue. In different angles it looked to be silver or green. It was as if the dress was colored to be nightfall. Long sleeves rested down my arms as my back cooled in the open air. The fabric wrapped around my waist and rested on my lower hips where the zipper was at.

The make up I had on shimmered in the vanity light as I stared at the un-amused look. Slowly I nodded at my appearance and turned away from the mirror, "Thank you Luna." I said and softly bowed my head. Sheila looked at me as if I was telling her I hated her. She was taken back as she opened her mouth, but I spoke quickly, "I really like the dress." I said. And started to put on the shoes she had gotten me.

"You look beautiful Victoria." She said and looked at me confused, "You should be happy." She said with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said and looked down at my body.

I touched my pudgy sides as I nodded my head to everything she was saying. Sheila could sit in front of me and tell me that I was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen, and I still wouldn't believe her. Werewolves, they were beautiful. The females were outrageously gorgeous, so why did it matter what I looked like? I would never be able to compare to them. And, why would I? I'm a human, and most of the wolves in this pack disliked me anyways. Those who have met me, at least seemed to dislike me. Alpha Ralph doesn't seem to like me much, Sheila's children disliked me. Why should I be happy? Luna Sheila grabbed my hand as she pushed it to her chest, "Victoria, I promise-"

"You shouldn't promise anything." A voice said behind her.

Slowly I looked to see Alpha Ralph standing in the doorway. After a moment he walked towards Sheila and kissed her lips. His hair was now a dark gray, and his blue eyes only looked at her. He had a dark short beard, which must have been recently shaved. Ralph quickly rubbed his nose against his Luna's. His love and lust for her quickly filled the room, and I wanted nothing more than to get out. But, something seemed to make Sheila more upset. Tears filled her eyes as she shook her head, "Oh not yet Ralph." She said and wrapped her arm around his neck.