Chapter one part one

Annie huffed, wiping at the splatter of blood dotting her face after visiting the Downes homestead, in search of the debt the man owed Strauss; muttering to herself with annoyance, until her thoughts were interrupted with a bright flash, startling her as she lost her footing. She stood up only to find herself in an unrecognizable room.

She winced at the pain in her head and rubbed at her eyes, trying to ignore the commotion in the room. Until her eyes meet warm, deep brown eyes.

"Annie, are you alright?" Charles asked with concern laced through his voice.

"'Course I am. Just riding myself to death to get that lazy little slime ball his money." She said shaking her head, looking around the room. She sent a quick nod over to Hosea, while scanning the room.

"Where are we?" Little Jack asked while gripping the skirt of his mothers dress.

"You're here to watch the life of the glue of your gang. You'll see how the greediness of those in the gang affect every one in it. Now please, sit and watch." An ominous voice said.

~~~~~~~~~~

"First, videos of our glue. "

Annie; I'm dying, Sister. I got TB.

The roomed goes into a stunned silence. No one could imagine a world where Annie Morgan wasn't apart of it. Charles frowned and scooted closer to Annie. John looked distraught, while Annie was expressionless. She shrugged; what is she supposed to do?

Annie; I got it beating a man to death.. for a few bucks.

"We.. we can stop it from happening though, we know what caused it." Sadie said looking at Annie, who shook her head and pointed to the blood on the collar of her shirt.

"I already did it. It's going to happen. That's where I came from just before we got here." Annie said, letting out a breath, looking at no one in the room.

Annie; I've lived a baaad life, sister.

Sister; but whenever we happen to meet you, you're always helping people and smiling

"Our Annie? Smiling?" Karen said with a shocked expression

Annie; I had a son, he passed away.

The members who were new to the gang looked shocked at that revelation. Annie just frowned, not enjoying her personal business being shown.

Annie; I had a man who loved me, and I threw that away.

Mrs. grimshaw scrunched her nose. "I hope you're not talking about that Michael boy. He was never good enough for our Annie. He wanted you to change everything about yourself, dear. If he truly loved you he'd take you as you are." She said looking at the woman.

Annie; my momma died when I was a kid.. and my daddy.. well I watched him die and it wasn't soon enough.

People in the room were shocked, most everyone knew essentially nothing about the girl and her personal life, only ever understanding surface level.

Annie; I guess.. I'm afraid. 
[she looks as if she's holding back tears.]

Sister; there is nothing to be afraid of, miss. morgan. Take a gamble that love exists, and do a loving act.