day 4

a strum of the biwa was heard. y/n was observing her fishes. most of them had unfortunately died due to their traumatic journey in the plastic bag. however, the young demon wasn't that affected since daki had asked servants to bring y/n's favourite food to cheer the child up.

with her hair and body all dolled up, y/n had never been happier than ever. she felt like a whole princess despite being far from one.

she was teleported back into a familiar room. all demons except akaza was present. the demon progenitor thought it was unnecessary for him to be present as he had already passed this measly loyalty test. y/n dressed in another set of kimono with accessories adorning her hair in (hairstyle of choice).

y/n's eyes practically lit up when she saw her father figure standing in front all the demons. the upper moon kneeled down in respect. the child realised the absence of her second favourite demon, her father being the first. looking around aimlessly, y/n leaped off daki's side and went to muzan with grabby hands, asking to be held up.

the demon king complied and held y/n up with no complaint. in this spare pocket of time, he examined y/n, rid of any injures, her face plastered with a giddy smile.

"otou-san, akaza?"
y/n asked with a question mark surrounding her. muzan understood what y/n had implied and replied with an indifferent tone.

"he's not needed here, in fact daki isn't too."
muzan icy glare reached daki as the female eyes stayed on the ground in fear of offending the demon king. y/n could comprehend what her father was saying and waved her hands at the white-haired demon.

"bye-bye daki!"
the gifts that daki had bought which spoiled y/n endlessly had already been transported to her room with nakime's help. the room was filled to the brim with new clothing and jewels that y/n fancied. days ago, y/n was suffering in the harsh cold with nothing but a thin layer of clothing. to think that now, she had a shelter and warm clothes to wear sounded like a fever dream to her.

but it was real. this was reality. she was surrounded by the world's most feared demons without the care of the world-- her father being the demon progenitor.

before daki could reply to y/n's goodbye, she was teleported back to the red light district where the room was bare of the gifts she had gotten for y/n. a small surge of emptiness filled y/n as she reminisced the enthusiasm y/n had brought to her room.

even if it was just a tiny span of time, daki had grown a soft spot of the child demon. though she would never admit it.

with the distractions away, she had matters on her hand, there were suspicious girls infiltrating the red light district. the upper moon couldn't wait to feast on those girls who thought could trick her.

"otou-san, daki give mannnyyyy this!"
y/n pointed at her clothing with a wide smile as she snuggled herself on muzan. the demon king didn't bother to reply and instead nodded. he glanced at the remaining demons that were kneeling.

upper moon one, kokushibo.

upper moon two, douma.

upper moon four, hantengu.

upper moon five, gyokko.

the demon lord wondered which demon the young child would chose to spend her time. in fact, his time was running thin as he needed to go back to his human life.

"who would you like to spend your time with?"
muzan's voice reached y/n's ears as y/n shook her head in return.

"akaza."
y/n replied, her voice soft. she wanted to play face painting with akaza and watch the fireworks again.