DAY TWO AFTERNOON

DAY TWO AFTERNOON

I sighed as I brought down my bow after using up all of my arrows. Sakura, who was training beside me, stopped as well to look at me.

"What's wrong, Ten?" she asked as we both walked towards the straw target we use at school.

"I just feel more tired than usual with all the gawking and following," I answered as I started pulling my arrow out of the straw.

With those words, my club mates who were gawking turned away and started picking their arrows up as well. No one was allowed to get their arrows when someone was still shooting to avoid unwanted accidents.

"You really can't blame them, Tenten," Sakura shrugged, waving an arrow between us. "You did just came out of Neji Hyuga's limo,"

"Why does that sound far more dirty than what really happened?" I sighed as we walked back. "It's not like they caught us doing anything redhanded,"

"You were caught 'red handed'. You were holding hands,"

I gave Sakura a playful punch in the shoulder at those words. "First of all, ew. Secondly, he was just helping me out out the car,"

"Out of the car he used to pick you up,"

I stopped walking and glared at her, putting my hands on my waist. "Seriously, whose side are you on?"

She laughed at me as she led me towards the back of the archery dojo we were in. We both sat down on the wooden floor with our backs leaning on the walls.

"No, Ten, seriously. It's just that this is Neji Hyuga we're talking about, you know? The Neji Hyuga," she started, putting an emphasis on his name as she repeated. "Even if you guys had a bet, did you ever thought he would be coming to pick you up,"

"Well, I'll be less grumpy if I didn't have to walk to school," I shrugged, unable to see what she was pointing at and she sighed at me. My defensive nature kicked in. "Well, what about you, then? You didn't show up for our morning practice!"

"I slept in late," she answered in a flash and I smirked.

Sakura gets nervous about lying and more so about hiding things from me.. So, I raised a brow at her and she couldn't look me in the eyes. Within a minute she sighed and pulled me in, a little too rough 'cause I felt my brain shake, for a whisper.

"I ate breakfast with Sasuke and we traveled to school together. Though, we had to walk separately when we neared because you know? We didn't forget that he has fangirls unlike you and Hyuga,"

My eyes widened in shock as I pulled myself away from her slightly to take a proper look at her face. Sakura was as pink as her hair. I searched her expression for a telltale sign she was lying but I found none. So, I pulled her closer to me. Of course, just as roughly as she did to me.

"Seriously?" I asked and she nodded, unable to keep her eyes on mine. "You finally managed to burn through all those layers of ice covering him?"

"Tenten!" she chastised but I could see her lips twitching for a laugh.

I shrugged as I pulled back once more and leaned back down on the wall again. "Uh," I breathe. Unable to believe that Sakura had managed to thaw that thing Sasuke Uchiha liked to call heart.

"He's not that bad," she defended, obviously offended at my reaction.

"Seriously, Sakura? Not that bad? He's way up there with Hyuga," I raised a hand way above my head to present her a physical graph of how high I was talking about. "So, are you dating now? I mean–it's a meal. You guys are childhood friends. It's not like you haven't shared a meal once, yeah? His fangirls don't even bother you when you talk to him because they know how scary you aaarrreee!" Those last words left my mouth in a shriek as Sakura slapped me on the shoulder as hard as she could.