Time Is Running

"we should be in and out in 15 minutes." Hiyyih divides the knifes. each per person, and slips the gun into Yeonjun hand. "it's unloaded. so don't worry." she notices the worry in his eyes.

he nods, trying to forget there's a gun in his hand.

 "we need to move fast, because the gate only opens once at night." she warns. "after 15 minutes, it closes. and if we're not out by then, well... we're practically dead. so don't waste a second." 

"how much time we have?" Kai asks with a small voice.

"the gate opens in two minutes." Hiyyih points at the large shutter doors. "once it's opens, don't wait until it reaches the top. crawl under the crack. it'll buy us time." 

Taehyun slides the knife into his pocket, as well as Beomgyu and Yeonjun. his heart beats fast, and hard. he eyes the shutter doors, just like Beomgyu.

with focused, sharp eyes.

it feels like a lifetime before the countdown starts.

"10.." Hiyyih whispers. "get ready to run.."

"9, 8... 7 "

"let's come back in one piece." Yeonjun jokes.

"6, 5..."

"good luck guys." Beomgyu squeezes Yeonjun's hand, and the elder offers him a tense, yet reassuring smile. 

"4.."

Kai stands on his tiptoes, his hands on the floor, ready to sprint. a few stray hairs fall on his eyes and he pushes them away.

"3, 2..."

"go."

like runners in their lanes, readying for the starting whistle. Yeonjun, Taehyun and Kai push the ground behind them, running with their life on the line.

in the other side, Hiyyih takes Beomgyu's hand, and the two sprint their way towards the opening gates.

they slide under the small opening with their hands intertwined. their clothes making contact with the floor and swiping the dusty tiles. Beomgyu scrambles on his feet before standing back up..

he looks to the side, seeing Yeonjun and Taehyun and Kai run inside.

Beomgyu takes one more glance at Yeonjun, before they have to part ways.

they might be inside, but the chase for time doesn't stop. Yeonjun and the other take a left, towards the stairs, and they start climbing up.

"come on." Hiyyih pulls distracted Beomgyu to the other way. their target being the vaults on the underground floors while the other go up to find Soobin.

"on our left, be careful..." she slows down, giving Beomgyu a heads up before someone in black uniform comes behind the curb. her eyes light up, and she pulls Beomgyu back behind her body. 

they hide behind the wall, and when the timing is right, Hiyyih closes her palm, and opens it with force. long, light pink claws coming out of her nails.

the man gets closer, and just when he's about to make eye contact with them from their hiding spot, Hiyyih stabs her nails in his nape, and he falls down with a gasp.

"I should really be nicer to you.." Beomgyu comes to an obvious conclusion.

she rolls her eyes, and they start running again.

they go down the stairs with fast yet careful steps, not wanting to encounter another one of those guards.

fortunately for them, despite the vaults being the building's prized possession, it seems as if the security is significantly low compared to other floors.