Prologue: Sean

My name is Sean Miran Park. I have been on this earth for over twenty-five years. My mother, Sandra Park was Korea's top actress, belonging to a chaebol family, she had eyes on her even before the beginning of her career. My grandfather, Jaerim Park, the founder of Park Industries had three children with my grandmother, Rachel Park, including my mother, my aunt, and my uncle. Mother was the oldest. Aunt Sally is the second and Uncle River is youngest.

Twenty years ago, my mother passed away, leaving her best friend to raise me. My adoptive mum, Tiffany Lee has been nothing but the best person I've ever asked for. Sometimes I feel guilty, thinking that she had to give up her whole life just for me when she could've found the love of her life and had children of her own. Nonetheless, she never forgets to remind me that my existence has given her more than she'll ever receive in this life. The relationship between my mother's family and my adoptive mum has always been great. However, my adoptive mum's family no longer has any relationship with her ever since she decided to be there for me.

Today will be the day I reveal my status as Sandra Park's only daughter. In just a few hours, the memorial will begin, and I will finally have the chance to fully grieve my mother.