♡19♡

It was the day that Thea awaited the most

18th of August.
The day she turns 16, means
fewer years in her life book.

But she loved it either way.

Recently her life had been occupied with third-wheeling her best friends and her brother. Fortunately, Cameron was daily meeting up with her in cafes in London which made her feel less lonely.

Thea had coped with the fact that James was all over Lily and vice versa. With much pain in her heart, she made a decision to date someone.

Curled up in her bed, she read a book that Remus had sent her a few weeks back. The two would always owl each other, sending each other something.

A small click on her window took her attention. She looked at her clock it was 11:58 two minutes until she turned 16. With a small smile, she walked towards her window pulling her curtains aside.

She laughed to see James leaning outside his window. A small smile plastered on her face, even though James had been distant he hadn't forgotten his yearly tradition.

"Hey there neighbour." She whispered leaning on her open window. James grinned waving excitedly at her. "Hello, sweet Thea." He whispered back.

"How are you feeling? It's big 16 after all." James asked keeping his chin in his palms. Thea copied him smiling sweetly as each second passed by. She was happy that their special moment wasn't there to be ruined by the redhead.

"Honestly Jamie? Feels like I'm about to lose all my shit but at the same time I feel so happy and giddy." James' heart thudded against his chest when he heard the familiar name from her.

It was a name that only she could call him. A name that dribbled down her lips like sweet honey. The sound of his name made every organ in his body almost malfunction.

"I'm sure it would be the bloody best year of your life Melody. I will make sure it does." Thea smiled at his words, even though she knew being with him would make her bloody year hell even bloody life. But she knew that was next to impossible.

But she laughed it off. "Oh look only ten seconds left now!" James excitedly said and the two started to count.

"10." The two lock their eyes on each other.

"9" hazel clashing with brown. The mesmerizing colors were left unseen due to the darkness.

"8" The deep brown saw as the hazel-eyed boy pulled out a small cookie cake from his back. The girl gasped happily.

"7" he put the candles on lighting them. The girl watched with happiness her hand covering her mouth.

"6" he climbed down his window with the help of the ladders making his way towards her window.

"5" The excitement fuelled their bodies, giddiness radiating off.

"4" He managed to climb up enough to meet up with her face.

"3" a small exchange of breathy hi's.

"2" he looked pretty handsome in his tight black tank and red shorts.

"1" candles were blown out with a wish to be his.

"Happy birthday Melody." He sang a look in his eyes which held so much of love and admiration for the girl in front of him.

"Thank you, Jamie." Her soft voice was pure melody to his ears. Her light blue tank really suited her he thought. Blue suits her a lot he decides. Even though he would still tease her that blue makes her look ugly.

"Blue makes you look-" Thea cut the boy off "Ugly?" She finished the sentence for him. The boy in front of her shook his head with a grin.

"I was going to say pretty but ugly suits you too." The blush on her cheeks gave away the fact that her heart was dancing with joy.

"You know I almost gave Mum a heart attack while making these cookies." He said his eyes moving to his creation. Her eyes never left his face as she admired every single detail remembering each curve.

"She thought I couldn't cook well jokes on her. I had to make these cookies for my melody." Her heart broke with the amount of love he had for the boy. "James but you actually can not cook." Her voice was soft.

"Yeah, but learning isn't that hard, and what are cookbooks for?" He grinned from ear to ear when she hugged him.

"Hey careful otherwise my first-ever cooking attempt will go to waste." She pulled away from him chuckling at his words. Pulling out the candle from the cookie she took a bite.

"Omg, these are delicious James!" She exclaimed happily feeding the creator the cookies as well. She had to accept that these were the best cookies she had ever eaten.

"I love them! These are going inside my tummy!" Thea said taking the plate from him and putting it on her desk.

She leaned on the window again. "So big 16 huh? Feel grown up yet?" James raised his eyebrow leaning his head on the window frame.

"Don't know but it feels good." Was her short response she leaned down, their faces were inches apart. Her eyes drifted down to his puffy pink lips.

For a moment James' eyes flickered down her rosy lips before they averted back to her eyes. His heart was thudding loudly and telling him to kiss her but his brain knew that he had Lily awaiting for him.

Holding her breath she kissed him on both cheeks. "Thank you for the cookies, James." And his heart broke it was back to James again.

He had hoped that she would go back to calling him Jamie but after he started to date Lily she would always call him James. And that hurt him.

"Anything for my melody." He said with a small smile ready to climb down the ladders and go to his room.

As he climbed down he hoped that she would call back and kiss him but he knew that was wrong to accept. He had a girlfriend. He didn't know why he wanted to kiss his best friend. But the urge was strong.

Thea watched as he climbed up his room. Her heart was yelling at her to call him back and kiss him goodnight but her brain said that he was taken. She was confused and only watched him walk away.

She obeyed both her heart and mind. "James." His head whipped around he was only a step away from climbing in his room. His heart thudded with excitement and curiosity.

"Yeah?" Biting her lip her mind and brain fought with each other. She ended up saying the dumbest thing. "Good night." James gave her a half smile disappointed in her response.

"Good night Melody." And with that, he disappeared in his room lost in thought of why he suddenly wanted his best friend to kiss him.

Thea face palmed mumbling curses. "Yay, good going genius." She mumbled smiling when an owl dropped her letters from her friends.

She took the letters and cookies eating the cookies while reading the letters with a smile.

She wished for her 16 that she could be his.