Isabelle's day off

The mayor had been noticing that her primary worker wasn't getting any time for herself and if she knew it would go this way the mayor would have not have sent her on a free day but the mayor cannot predict the future so these events ended up happening.

"Isabella?" A voice chimed from the door.

"OH MISS MAYOR!" Isabelle screamed falling out of her chair.

"No need for formalities, but I have something to ask of you." The Mayor also known as Mersha smirked for the doorway.

"I'm almost done the paperwork to have Cole move in!" Isabelle panicked.

"No, it's not that." Mersha chuckled.

"Then what is it?" She questioned bluntly.

"I decided you need a break." Mersha smiled.

"I can absolutely not! The office will fall apart." Isabelle protested.

" Don't worry I got it!" The mayor reassured.

"You positive?" She weakly smiled.

"Pshhhhhh, I built a bridge in one day." Mersha laughed as she patted  Isabelle's shoulder.

"If you need anything, Call me!" Isabelle hesitantly left the office where the mayor organized her stuff.

Isabelle walked around saying 'hi' to her brother and buying new clothing which the mayor insisted on getting her before but she promptly turned it down; mainly because everything the mayor wanted to get her was skimpy clothes that would reveal everything.

"Yo, Isabelle!" A deep voice harassed.

"Yes?" She responded. It was Tom, Tom was this cranky cat who lived in Fandom village.

"Have you seen Mersha? Me-yowza?" She sighed.

"You mean Miss Mayor?" She corrected him.

"Whatever.... Have you seen her, I have a gift for her. Me-yowza." He sighed while rubbing the back of his head.

"She is working right now, but I can deliver the gift to her." Isabelle wondered what the hell was in that box because it made Tom really excited.

"....Will you tell me her reaction? Me-yowza." He pouted.

"Of course!" Isabelle smiled.

"OH I almost forgot! Can you say from a stranger? Me-yowza." He begged.

"Ummm sure...." Isabelle responded while going back to the office.

While entering the office, Isabelle saw nothing but remodeled wallpaper and all her papers organized.

"I did a hella lot while you were gone!" The mayor proudly announced as she leaned against her desk.

"How???" Isabelle spoke amazed.

"I'm good at it." The mayor winked as she noticed the package in her hands.

"OH! I almost forgot. This is from someone on the street." Isabelle handed the package to Mersha.

"To me!" Mersha excitedly yelled as she opened the package to reveal a Pink Party Dress. "Oh this is exactly what I wanted! I didn't have enough bells at the time and she sold it before I could get it." Mersha gasped. "Are you the one who bought it, Isabelle?"

"No ma'am! Seriously some person on the street gave it to me to give to you!" Isabelle pled.

"Can you tell me who?" Mersha begged.

"They said not to tell." Isabelle put her paw to her mouth laughing.

"Ugh, fine. Well enjoy the rest of your day off!" The Mayor beamed as she continued organizing and remodeling.

Upon the moment Isabelle walked outside she was greeted by Tom's hungry eyes glaring dead straight at her.

"She loved the dress! How'd you know she really wanted that dress?" Isabelle asked curiously.

"Ummm........... Not telling you! Me-yowza." Tom absconded.

Isabelle sat in thought by the tree they planted the first day. She was thinking about how Tom acted, he was typically cool and collected but he seemed so frantic around the mayor. 'What does he want from the Mayor?' she thought intensely before coming down to an conclusion.

Tom had red feelings towards Mersha!

"Oh hello there, Isabelle."  Gladys welcomed as she sat next to the thinking dog.

"Hello Gladys!" Isabelle greeted loudly.

"What's going down?" Gladys questioned her.

"I think Tom likes Mersha!" Isabelle announced quietly.

"No way!" Gladys giggled.

"It's true!" Isabelle exclaimed.

"Well let's set them up!" Gladys suggested.

"Okay I'll get the mayor to meet Tom in the Roost!" Isabelle giggled as they agreed to the plan.

Isabelle ran over to the Mayor's office where she found her asleep on her desk.

"Miss Mayor!" Isabelle woke up the sleepy official.

"W-what is it?!" She panicked.

"I want to take you out for coffee!" Isabelle suggested while getting her up.

"But I want to go home...." Mersha whined.

"K.K. will be there!!!" Isabelle cried.

"Fineeeee, let's go!" Mersha growled.

"Put on your new dress!!!!" Isabelle convinced.

"Is this a date, Isabelle?" Mersha flirted.

"Of course not, this is a way so I can get close to K.K." Isabelle lied. Mersha got dressed up in the new dress and put a fresh flower in her hair.

"Let's go." Mersha followed Isabelle to The Roost as they watched K.K. strum on his guitar, Gladys and Tom arrived. Mersha glanced over at Gladys and Tom.

"Is Bree right? Are they a thing, Isabelle?" Mersha frowned.

"No they are not." Isabelle shrugged it off and continued dancing to K.K.'s music. "Go talk to him!" Isabelle pushed her closer to Tom. Gladys immediately noticed and pushed Tom next to the mayor.

"You look hella amazing, seriously me-yowza...." Tom complimented.

"Thanks...." Mersha blushed. K.K. noticed the couple and started to slow down his music and play a softer tune which would go amazingly with slow dancing.

"Can I have this dance?" He asked. "Me-yowza, I must sound stupid...." He murmured.

"You don't sound like a dweeb! And of course!" Mersha agreed as she took his paw and slow danced with Tom. Tom's face lit up as he saw her face blush.

"Tom where'd you learn how to dance?" Mersha questioned.

"I learned back home, gramps told me I would need it." He chuckled. Tom dipped Mersha then drew his face closer towards hers.

"Tom......" She gasped.

"Not here, there is too many people." He whispered as he pulled her up and held her hand outside. "This is better."

"Hmm?-" She was cut off by Tom's lips crashing on to her's.