perturbation.

Perturbation
(n.): A sense of anxiety; Or mental uneasiness.

──────────────

John had been almost late to the start of school, and hadn't had the time to even try and find his hair gel, so he was just going to school straight with an unruly mess he called hair, so he was panicking quite a bit. He stepped around the corner, rereading the text message his father had sent that morning, a casual ‘Good luck!’ message that had ironically calmed his nerves. He walked towards the main campus, staring up at the large and imposing building that was Wellston Private High School.

Right, officially from now on, he was a student of Wellston High.

Was it bad that the thought of even returning to a place similar to something that had caused him so much anguish the past year… made him scared? He was tremendously worried, both for his health and his sanity.

He shook his head, and wringed his hands as he walked past the large silver gates of the school, and immediately turned to look to the side as he felt a strong aura coming up to him, a simple light blue glow, and was met with a man smiling at him.

“ Ah! Headmaster Vaughn said you were powerful, but feeling it for myself and to see your passive in action — it's truly impressive!”

The man was tall, and had light brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a pair of glasses as well, and he reached out a hand. John took a hold of the offered hand, and shook it. “ I'm Keene, the head of security in the school — and also the headmaster's right hand. I'll be showing you the way to his office, please — do follow after me.”

Keene nodded at him, letting go of his hand before gesturing to the front doors of the main school building and walked right into the school. John adjusted his school bag's straps on his shoulders, took a large breath before rushing after the man.

He needed, firstly, his schedule for the rest of the year he was supposed to be at this school, then to get his locker code so he could finally put his books into his locker. He had been stress training the night before, and his arms were incredibly sore and tight, his hands and legs hurt from the non-stop punching and kicking he dealt to his punching bag.

He couldn't sleep comfortably in the new house, suddenly living alone by himself without his father's snores around to disturb him was a nightmare, and he had started training after his thoughts kept going on and on. He hadn't gotten much sleep, and that equaled a tired and high strung John, ready to walk into a wall.

As he followed Keened to the door of the headmaster's office, the man reached for the door and he swung it open, only to stop when the conversation inside the room died down.

“ Oh, I wasn't expecting you to have guests. My apologies.” Keene goes, obviously moving to close the door again but a loud and deep voice cuts him off.

“ Oh no, it's nothing. Arlo was just about to leave, hm?”

John peeked around Keene's shoulder, and effectively sees the prettiest blond guy he's ever seen. The boy, apparently named Arlo, turned around and John's heart just stopped in its tracks. He had beautiful blue eyes.

Arlo stepped out of the room, holding a file and gave a nod to him, before walking down the hallway.

“ Sorry about that, I was just telling him about you.”