The second parts of their coins

The night before.

Teji circled the rim of her wine glass not knowing what to do. She had been thinking hard on Farah's words and it tempted her to say yes and get on with it.

What else could be better than that woman out of her son's life? But there was still one reason stopping her.

Viaan.

She had seen how much her only child loved Katha and reason told her that if she took this step and he found out, she will regret it for many nights to come. Teji also had begun to wonder. If she gave Viaan the blessings he wanted, won't he be too settled to go poking his nose in the past affairs? It was not a long shot to be honest and a part of her wondered why her friend didn't seem to mention that at all. She had been waiting for Farah to say something similar but it never came.

Was she doing this all wrong?

Teji looked at the stars and sighed before closing her eyes and settling on the sofa. She needed some clarity.

**************************************************************************

In the other part of town.

Done.

Aarav closed the workbook and placed his pencil back in the holder. His moment of rest allowed him some time to think back on the events of the past few days.

His eyes strayed to the sleeping figure on the bed. She even had a smile on her face and it worried him. Of course, Aarav wanted her to be happy. But now, she was acting too happy, kiddish, and it bothered him that the reason for it might not be strange, having heard some of Reet Chacha's talks.

Was his mumma in love with that Viaan Raghuvanshi? Was he that important that she'd deflect anytime his name came up?

She thought he couldn't notice but Aarav had always prided himself on his sensitivity. How could he not see the light in her eyes, the pink that crept into her cheeks, and the faraway look in her eyes whenever she came from work? All the late-night calls that were not the norm before?

How could he not feel betrayed on his behalf and on that of his father?

Aarav wiped the tears that had spilled onto his cheeks. He felt so fragile, afraid of this stranger who had taken hostage of his mother's heart, and afraid again that confronting her would hurt her. Because he understood that it was never easy for a woman in her shoes to love again.

And the light in her eyes told him that she was loved right back.

Aarav thought that if things were at this stage, the man definitely knew about him. Mumma was not the one to keep his identity from the world and if she was acting like this, it appeared that this man was a seemingly good fit for him and wanted him too, the total package.

He sighed and rested his head on the table, heeding Robin's words to be calm and introspective. He needed some clarity.