Pseudo Teji and Viaan

Three hours later.

"Mom, you can't keep eating chocolates. They are not good for your health."

"...Why are you stopping me?"

Viaan chuckled and took up the space beside her.

"Mother," he wiped a stain on her lips with a napkin, "I know you are upset because I told you that I won't give up on Katha. But I can't obey your wishes here. Please try to understand."

He took her hands and pressed a kiss to them.

"I love Katha and I cannot live without her. It's an ache that I cannot ignore."

"...."

Aarav felt all kinds of complexities hearing this. He couldn't even claim foul as some of this body's memories had come to him while he was unconscious. It appeared that Robin hadn't used him as a raft.

And that made it all the more complex. The woman that Robin had told him of was his mother and he didn't fully know of such matters but his head was telling him that the reason for her recent reaction wasn't farfetched.

Besides, he had a front-row seat to Robin's attitude....and that handsome face. Wasn't this just a rigged game from the start? Not only for his mom but even for him. His otherwise fiery emotions were muted before Robin because all he could remember were all those times they discussed the woman now revealed to be his own mother.

"Mother, are you still angry? Just give me and Katha a chance."

"...Didn't she already start calling me aunty?"

He overheard their phone call earlier and felt a toothache from all the sugar running around him. Not to mention that Aarav had already guessed that the original owner of this body was in his now and even worse, didn't seem to approve of his mom. The loud swear over the phone confirmed that.

Aarav never knew the rich had such a propensity to swear. He was already saying things he would never have. But in a way, it felt good that woman would feel the wrath of his mother's monkey fist...

Viaan's cautious voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Why are you smiling? Aren't you upset?"

"Where was I smiling? Didn't she call me aunty or not?"

"Mother..."

"...How far have you gone with her?"

"What?"

Aarav tsked at his cheap son's stupefied expression. Where was his smart Robin?

"Have you proposed to her yet?"

The expected reply didn't come because Viaan was looking at her stunned. And slowly, his expression turned into joy as he rushed to hug.

"Mother! Thank you so much!"

"Get away from me, you bastard. All I asked was a simple question."

"I know, I know. But I am so happy that you see things my way, mom."

"Okay, whatever. Have you proposed to her?"

Viaan shook his head.

"No, I haven't but it's not because we aren't sure..."

"Sure? What does that mean?"

A blush crept onto his cheap son's cheeks. 

"You know, mom. We don't need words to know that we already love each other..."

Aarav was torn between standing up to leave and staying. He chose the latter because he was aware this moment was rare for Robin.

"So why haven't you proposed?"

"Aarav. He is the reason I haven't."

His words caused the other person to cool on the inside. So he was the obstacle. He was the stumbling block to their joy? His voice came out colder than usual.

"Then why don't you just dump him at his grandparent's house? That would be nice for you and Katha wouldn't it? You'd have new kids."

"Mother!"

To his shock, Viaan rose up from the sofa, anger etched on his face.

"How can you say such a terrible thing?! I will never force Katha to do that and neither do I want that, okay?! I want to love Katha and also give Aarav the love he deserves, so just stop this!"

"V-Viaan..."

Aarav, shocked at Viaan's outburst and the content of it, struggled to form words. But Viaan wasn't having it.

"It was obviously a mistake to think that you had finally understood, Mother. I will see you when I get back from work. Don't wait up for me."

And he left the room, slamming the door behind him and leaving Aarav staring at it and in himself, a loss for words and the emotions in his heart.