19 ⋆ WASTED AFFAIRS

CLOUDS - BØRNS

"Oh, I won't stop
Til you knock on my door
Won't stop
Til you knock on my door"

"Oh, I won't stopTil you knock on my doorWon't stopTil you knock on my door"

DEVLIN'S PAST POV
5/JUNE/2020

11:15 pm

I'm not so into parties, but as soon as people stepped into the house, I knew this was going to be way different than being with men and a few women in leather jackets at sticky bars. It's the loud music from the speakers that made the energy in this house feel more enjoyable, there were smiles everywhere, drunk people, and a few groups of friends dancing together in the living room and garage where the guys were a while ago.

I drank this weird juice filled with candy and other stuff I can't name with one arm crossed over my chest in a yellow bikini top and my shorts I had on earlier while I had the red plastic cup touching my lips, thinking about when I should take another sip before the ice melts. I think I swallowed a few gummy bears.

"I never knew you were this close to the fosters," Theodore told me after he passed by for another drink beside me in the kitchen that's not too crowded. He's just one of my classmates from my junior year. He even was the one who showed me around the whole campus when I first came there during freshman year, expecting the Cullens to be there just for me.

"Oh no," I shake my head, "I just met them almost a week ago," I said to him before looking back over at the backyard door window where most of the people are by the pool. "They're really cool, supportive, and very talented but I've only heard Harry and Niall."

"Oh. Cool." He brought his cup to his lips, sipping little bits and I nodded to myself, not sure what else to say since it was getting awkward.

"So um..." he starts talking again, grabbing my attention so I turn my eyes back to him. "Why aren't you enjoying yourself with everyone else at the pool?" He asked me, bringing the cup to his thin lips again as he waited for me to talk back.

I shrug a little, "I don't know... I'm just not fully used to it or in the mood." I murmur.

"Ah... I see." He nods, "Try to enjoy yourself before it's over at three." He told me right before he walked off back to his friends, now leaving me alone in the kitchen. "Just think about it," I told myself, keeping my arms crossed over my torso.

I wish you were here right now, Renee.

She's the party monster and she'd want me to be just like her in the future.