Chapter 1

I sat in bed, patiently staring at the ceiling, unaware of everything else happening around me. I was scared, and nervous. I had been unattentive all day and finally got to take a minute for myself, to think over everything going on. It felt good to take a breath, even if it was just a short one.

My mind was cluttered, overwhelmed. I let my thoughts sit for a while, until I heard the doorbell, it must be Rylie, my boyfriend.

Now I suppose I should introduce myself, maybe a little back story.
My name is Tia, I am a 14 year old girl, trying to live my life to the fullest, even though I feel as though my life has gone to shit. But we can get to explaining that shit later, right now we're talking about Rylie, and me.

I get up off my lazy ass looking and feeling like shit, walking down the stairs of my house I notice everybody outside because it was finally sunny and warm. But not me... I prefer the safe comfort of my room. I got to the front door and unlocked it, swinging the door open to Rylies adorable smiling face. I was excited to see him, but extremely mentally drained, and he knew that. He embrassed me with the warmest hug ever, and I let myself sink into the feeling of his safety, the immediate sense of home he gave me. I never understood how a person could give me such a feeling, but he did. Rylie was my everything. Part of my reason for even still existing.

He kept holding me there until I let go first, taking a deep breath. He asked me how I was as he took of his shoes. I paused for a while before saying, "how the shit do you think I am, look at me, I'm a literal sack of potatoes, I haven't showered in several days, I barely eat anymore, and it's a bloody struggle to get up everyday." Worst part is though, nothing  really helps, the therapy did nothing, I've tried so many different meds, even uping the dosages to see if that would work. But nothing ever does. I've grown to accept who I am.

As we walk up the stairs back to my room Rylie tells me that he still sees the happy little girl in me, the one who would jump up and down at the thought of running through a sprinkler, or star gazing, or blowing on dandelions to make wishes. He tells me that the person I am on the outside and inside, is perfect in every single god damned way, and that everything will get better eventually, just that I need more time to heal. He tells me he isn't repulsed by my lack of hygeine right now, or by how messy my room is when he walks into it. He tells me I'm beautiful on my good and bad days, and I turn to him while sitting back onto my bed to give him a weak smile. Almost saying how none of that was true, but that I appreciated his words anyways.

He sits down beside me and suggests we throw on a movie, so I let him pick what show, he picks Tangeled, my favourite comfort movie. God I love this man, he knows all the ways to cheer me up. We lay there cuddling until Rylie gets up, asking me to stay relaxed, so I do. He starts cleaning my room and I look at him dissapointedly. "You know you don't have to do that."

He gives a slight chuckle, "anything for you my love, go back to your movie." I thank him breifly then go back to the movie.

Once he's done he joins me back on the bed and we finish the movie, fully embrassing each other for everything we are, and accepting the respectful silence.

He gets a call from his mom some 10 minutes later, telling him to be home for supper in 20 minutes. We both get up  and head back downstairs to the front door. I watch him get his shoes on, neither of us saying anything. He gives me one last hug, squeezing much tighter then usual, probably as a way to comfort me more with the extensive pressure. He pulls away, looks deeply into my eyes and tells me everythings going to be okay. He gives me a light kiss on my lips, then on my forehead. I love those kisses the most. I mouth the words thank you Rylie, and he simply replies with, "I love you Tia garzonaz, take care of yourself for me."

"I love you most RyRy. Be safe walking home." He unlocks the door and walks out of it, I close it behind him, remembering to lock it just incase. I press my back against the door and allow myself to slink down onto the floor as tears begin to pool in my eyes. I sit for a while, remembering how gentle he is with me. Remembering the feel of his soft lips on mine, gently communicating how much we needed each other.