Chapter 23: Confession

That afternoon, Katherine was busy at home, packing her bag when she received a call. An unexpected call.

'Hello. Why did you call me? What!'

Katherine just couldn't believe her ears. The call was from Ryan's servant. He knew that Katherine was the only one whom could handle Ryan.

'Yes madam, he's drunk. We don't know the reason why. He just kept shouting your name. That's why I thought to call you.', Ryan's servant spoke to Katherine timidly. At that moment, there was sound of glass cracking. This freaked Katherine out. She told the servant that she would be arriving there soon.

Katherine quickly picked up her phone and took her car keys. She didn't want to tell anyone at home about it so she quietly sat in the car and drove off.

In the car, a lot of things were disturbing her. She kept wondering why was Ryan drunk when he had never drank alcohol. She was extremely worried and nervous.

As soon as she reached to his house, she got out the car quickly and ran in. Since she was in a hurry, she forgot to bring her phone along with her. Katherine didn't even pressed the bell and dashed into Ryan's house. She saw some of his servants sitting next to him. Katherine didn't hesitated and told all of them to leave her alone with him. She was wordless when she saw Ryan. He was whispering her name a few times and was holding a glass in her hands. Ryan was sitting above the photo of his and Katherine's.

'Ryan! Ryan why are you in such a condition! Why did you even touched alcohol? Are you mad?', Katherine was getting perturbed.

'Yes... yes Katherine. I'm... I'm mad... in your love...', Ryan took Katherine's hand and began to kiss it.

Katherine quickly took her hand back and stood up angrily. What did she just heard from his mouth.

'Excuse me?'

'You are excused Katherine. Please get away from here before I take any action against your nature...'

'Ryan, I know you are drunk and you aren't sure of what you are saying! That's why could you wake up quietly and go to your room. I don't know the reason why you are drunk but please stop doing whatever you are doing. I need to go so please...'

'Katherine, that's what I expected from you. You are the reason why I'm in this condition. I'm drunk because of you and your stupid boyfriend.'

'Ryan! Mind your language. Don't forget that Robert is your cousin! I knew this day will come when you will act like that.'

'Katherine, why don't you understand that I'll keep you as happy as he will! I was with you from young. We were together for 12 years and you gave up on me for a guy that ditched you 12 years ago?'

Katherine was getting angry and she couldn't control but to scream and shout at Ryan.

'Will you just shut up Ryan! He didn't ditched me for 12 years but instead you are ditching our 12 years of friendship! I can't tolerate your nonsense anymore.'

'I can't tolerate the distance between us anymore!', Ryan stood up and and placed his hands on Katherine's shoulder.

'Katherine, all these while I have been giving you signs and you couldn't see them?'

'That's because I see them as a sign of great friendship. There could be nothing between us. I'm in love with Robert and he's my best friend. I thought you were my best friend as well but today you proved me wrong.'

'I'm being honest with you and myself. I love you Katherine... Could we get into a relationship?'

His words kept ringing in her ears. He loves her? She couldn't believe her ears.

'What! Have you lost it?!'

'Katherine. Why are you not agreeing to my decision?'

'Will you shut up! Just shut up! Now you will only listen to me! That is I will not change or "promote" our relationship status. Its better if we don't be friends! I hate you Ryan. I'm just disgusted by your behavior! Get out of my life!'

'Katherine... I'm sorry...'

'You should have thought before speaking. I'm going... far away from you... with Robert. Please! We are no friends. Today I end our friendship!'

Katherine didn't give him a chance to speak and ran out of his house to her car. She drove as fast as she could. She wasn't planning to go home with all her tears on her face. She saw her phone ringing. Robert was calling her.

Robert was busy calling her at home. He looked for her everywhere but she was no where to be found.

'Why isn't she answering the phone? I wonder where is she.'

Meanwhile Ryan was crying and regretted. He couldn't believe why he said all that to her!

Katherine had drove herself to her neighborhood park. She was sitting on a bench and saw two small boy and girl laughing and playing with each other. She couldn't understand why Ryan did that to her. That kids reminded her and Ryan's relationship. They were best friends. They didn't expect that to happen to their relationship. Katherine was crying badly. She had a lot of questions.

'Ryan whatever you did wasn't right. I just hope we could be friends again...'

She was picked up her phone send a message to Ryan.

"Ryan if you ever think that whatever I told you was extremely hurtful then please forgive me. I'm sorry. I just want to let you know that please don't ever meet me. We cannot be friends again but we are colleagues and that will be the only relationship between us!"

Katherine quickly pressed the "send" button and began to wipe her tears.

'I'm sorry Ryan but my happiness lies in Robert. Please forgive me.'

Katherine stood up and went back to the car.

••••••••••••••••

End of chap 23

Hi guys. I'm actually confused how to continue but I won't disappoint any of you! The next chapter will be done by Saturday! :) enjoy!