000. ━ the nash twins

prologue[ the nash twins ]

prologue
[ the nash twins ]

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 with a look of disbelief on her face. This couldn't be happening. She was far too young for this to be happening. Hell, she was still a baby herself. She held her head in her hands and let out a puff of air.

There was a knock on her door and she glanced at it. Letting out a shaky breath, she walked over to the door and opened it, revealing a man on the other side. "Hi, bug." She forced a smile on her face. "I got your text. What was so urgent that you couldn't tell me over the phone?" Danielle bit her bottom lip and led him over to the couch before placing the stick in his hand and he looked down at it. "Dani..."

"I'm sorry," she whispered, hearing her voice break. He looked up at her as tears filled her eyes. "I thought we were safe."

His face fell and he cupped her cheek. "Does he know?" he asked and she nodded with a sniffle.

"He gave me a couple of hundred bucks and hasn't returned any of my calls," she replied, rubbing her nose with the sleeve of her sweatshirt. "Daddy... what am I gonna do?"

"First, take a breath, bug," Bobby replied, sitting her down on the couch. "Next... are we happy about this?" She played with the ends of the sleeves and nodded wordlessly. He smiled softly. "Then congratulations. I'm gonna be a grandpa."

"You're not mad?"

Bobby sighed and shook his head. "No. I always thought that guy was a jerk." She snorted and he smiled at seeing her spirits lifted. "You're my little girl, Dani," he told her and she looked over at him. "I'm not going anywhere. You're a strong and capable young woman. They don't need a dad for their mother to be the best mother on the planet."

Danielle felt a small smile grow on her face. "Thank you, Daddy."

He pulled her into a tight hug and stroked her back. "You'll be okay, bug. We'll figure this out together. I promise."

___________________________

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐇 and soon her arms were filled with two newborn babies — a boy and a girl. Bobby kissed her forehead as she looked down at her children. She examined their tiny noses and the blonde fuzziness of their hair.

"Hi, babies," she whispered, holding them close to her while Bobby was thanking the medical staff. "I'm your mama. It's us against the world. Nobody will ever come close to hurting you. Not while I'm around." She looked up and smiled at her father. "That's your grandpa. And he loves you very much." Bobby leaned over and the little girl's tiny hand wrapped around his finger. "I guess she already has you wrapped around your finger."

Bobby chuckled and looked at his daughter. "Do they have names?"

She nodded. "Layla and Max," she replied, handing Layla over to her father who sat down in the chair beside her bed. "Layla and Max Nash."

___________________________

━ author's note

welcome to the new and improved dying embers!

I changed Dani's profession from being a firefighter to a cop because I liked the parallel of her and Eddie to Bobby and Athena ('cause they're amazing) so that's the main change.

And I just needed to fix a few things that I didn't like, but almost all of it will be the same!