𝒊𝒊. summer traditions

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

 summer traditions━━━━━━━━━━━━❛ ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin ❜

please don't be in love with
someone else. please don't have
somebody waiting on you.
- enchanted,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 1)

word count; 4,800+

"HONEY, I'M HOME!"

"Maddie!" Ellie shouts as she stumbles down the stairs, Belly right behind her. The three girls fall into each other's arms, holding on tight. "I missed you so much!"

The Cassidy's are yet another family who uses the beach house during the summer. Their family consists of Rosie and Stephanie Cassidy, the mom's of Dev and Maddie, who are Jeremiah's age. Rosie Cassidy was a friend of Laurel and Susannah's when they were younger. The three of them call themselves the golden trio, and the name fits wonderfully. There was something truly beautiful about seeing them get together. It was like seeing magnets coming together, unable to resist the proximity.

"I missed you too," Maddie replies, letting out a soft laugh. "Not seeing you all sucks."

"I didn't miss you either."

Eillie peaks over Maddie's shoulder, smiling brightly when she sees Dev standing there with a smirk. She pulls away from one friend, and launches herself at the other, laughing when he wraps his arms around her. Ellie closes her eyes as he lifts her up. "I missed you, Dev," she tells him. "How could you leave me alone with my idiot brothers all year without our usual visit at Christmas?"

"I'm sorry, Ella," he replies with a small chuckle. "I really wanted to."

"Traitor!"

Surprised, both Dev and Ellie turn to see Jeremiah standing in the doorway, accusatory finger pointed at the other boy. Though, he can't seem to help the smile on his face. Dev holds up his hands, about to say something in his defence, but Jeremiah is running up to him, and jumping. Before Ellie can tell her brother to stop, Dev and Jeremiah are falling to floor. Dev lets out a pained groan, muttering out, "Why?"

The front door opens, and the children send nervous smiles to the three mother's that now stand staring at them all. Rosie, Dev and Maddie's mom, shakes her head while Susannah raises a confused eyebrow. Laurel is the one who speaks first. "What in the world is going on?"

"It was Jeremiah's fault!" Ellie, Dev, Maddie and Belly all yell at the same time, like a reflex.

"Dev!"

"No!" Dev shouts, panicked as he sees Steven running at them now at full speed.

Steven dives onto the floor on top of the other two boys, and Ellie can't help but smile at the image of them. Now that everyone's here, summer can officially start. It makes something in her feel complete. Like puzzle pieces fitting themselves together to create a clear picture.