Chapter 6 - A ghost

<Earlier>

Manic walked out just before he said to Sonic, "I'm going to go find more info on this room. If anything happens come and get me." Sonic nodded and said, "Yes bro. Thanks for believing me." Manic replied as he close the door, "No problem bro." Just after Manic left Sonic, he went to find the worker Sonic was with. He said to himself, "I gotta find out a lot more information on Room 1028. Whatever is happening to Sonic is not for the faint of heart." He heard a couple of waiters talking about how haunted Room 1028 has been but the other one denied it. The first worker said, "But the kid 'who currently is staying in that room' is the same age as that Lynx was from a long time ago." The second worker asked, "What's the age?" The first worker answered simply, "16." The second worker said to the other, "Oh boy. They say anyone at the age of 16 will be possessed by the ghost of Aiden." Manic gasped in horror. The first worker said, "His name was Cayden. Not Aiden. Cayden. As in Cayden The Lynx." Manic thought to himself as he walked off, "So the room is haunted by a ghost. I shoulda brought Boomer along, he woulda thought of a way to capture ghosts. But he can't possess anyone unless they're..." he trailed off as he recalled that he and Sonic are the age of 16. Manic said in an alarm tone, "Oh no!" He rushed back to Sonics room but he was already gone. Knowing what that means he ran outside. Once he burst out of the motel. He heard Sonic shouting. Alarmed, he rushed to the direction where Sonic shouted. Manic shouted as he kept running, "SONIC! HOLD ON I'M COMING!!" Manic kept running and running. But by the time he ran to Sonic, it was too late. Sonic became possessed in front of his very eyes. Manic rushed to Sonic as he shouted his name. But suddenly Manic was pushed by an invisible force and he landed on the ground. Sonic stood up but when he opened his eyes, they were a bright orchid color. Sonic said in a different tone, "Hehehehe. Your too late. He's mine. For now." Manic growled and asked, "What have you done with Sonic?!" The Possessed Hedgehog answered, "Oh don't worry about him, he's safe. Least his soul that is. Hehehe. Finally I can get my revenge." Manic shook before he said, "No! He's my little brother and I love him as much as I love my little sister. Let him go. Take me instead, I'm his age too, just let Sonic go." The possessed hedgehog thought about it before he said, "Thats very touching however I cannot do that." Manic asked, "WHAT?!" The possessed hedgehog then said, "I can't just possess anyone at my age, they had to check in the room I died in. You shoulda thought of that earlier." Manic shouted in tears, "NO!! LET HIM GO CAYDEN!!" Possessed Sonic smirked before he said, "Hehehe. So you learned my name huh? Not really surprising I say. You must've guess what I will do." Manic asked, "Get revenge on someone who killed you?" The possessed hedgehog answered, "Oh I don't just want revenge on who killed me. It's something more but I'm afraid I can't tell you. Sleep tight and don't in my way." Thats when 'Cayden' Sonic used a power to knock Manic out 'unconscious'.

<an hour later>

Manic woke up in the same spot as he groaned. Manic said to himself as he got up, "Oh God. Why did you let happen to him?" Once he got up, he sees Soarings grave. Manic said to himself, "This has something to do with this grave. I gotta find out more before anything gets bad. I haft to find a way to free Sonic too. Mom and Dad are gonna be pissed if they find out Sonic is possessed by a ghost." He ran back to the motel to make a couple of calls.