Wakie Wakie

A warm weight is pressed against my body. His soft kisses on my cheek instantly pull me out of the darkness where I felt lost for hours.

"I have a surprise for you." The kisses on my cheeks become more fast pace as Matt tries to wake me up.

This boy knows I'm not a morning person and I'm about to rip him a new one. As I fully open my eyes I realize Matt has placed him self on top of me, and his black comforter. His grey, blue eyes immediately calm my attempt to argue with him. He softly smiles and tries to flip his hair out of his eyes. I give a smile back. He pulls himself closer to me and presses his lips against mine.

"We are going to be late! I have your favorite hoodie, that's mine and a pair of leggings for you to wear. Hurry!" He says with a bigger smile as he rolls off of me. He reaches the edge of the bed to quickly and falls to the floor.

"Matt. Oh my gosh are you okay?" I can't help but giggle through my words.

He immediately jumps up and grabs the hoodie that fell with him and throws it right at my face.

"Rude of you to laugh, but yes I'm okay. Now let's go Alice we are going to be late!" I giggle as he quotes my favorite show I've been forcing him to watch, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

I get up out of his comfy bed and pull the hoodie over my head. He walks back in the room with my favorite pearled claw clip in his hand and a smile.

"Thanks Matty." I say pulling my hair up and twisting it around. I take the clip from his hand and place it snug into my hair and let the rest fall down over the clip. I place a kiss on his cheek as he takes my hand in his.

"You crocks are down stairs by the door I think." He says as he turns and pulls me towards his door way. He knows me so well.

Walking outside to the car I notice it's still dark, but the sun is trying to make its way to light up the world.
Making the sky just a hint brighter. We get in the car and Matt plays his favorite song of the moment. The Color Violet. One of the many things Matt and I have in common is that when we really like a song we play it over and over until we are sick of it.

"So where are we going?" I ask as I lean over a bit to grab his other hand that was not occupied with the steering wheel. He quickly grabs my hand and squeezes it tight.

"For once let me surprise you. Don't ask me 100 questions until I break and just tell you. We aren't to far I promise." He looks over at me and pulls my hand to his lips and places gentle kisses on the back of my hand. I smile and pull our hands to my lips.

Looking out the window I notice we are going up hill and we are leaving the beautiful city of LA. We pull onto a dirt road and I start to get nervous.

"Matt.."

"It's right up here." I rolls my eyes as his Mattitude starts to show. I keep my eyes locked on his side profile. His beard is starting to grow back and it makes my heart flutter. He's literally so perfect.

He lets go of my hand to put the car in park. I break my stare and look out the windshield. We have parked on what seems like a cliff. I see dots of little lights from the city slightly peaking over the cliff.

"Matt where are we?" I ask as he grabs a blanket from the back seat.

"Come on! We are going to miss it!" He swings his door open basically running over to my side

"Miss what?" I ask as he opens the door for me. He doesn't say anything. He grabs my hand and drags me out of the car.

His hand in mine we run up the hill a little bit more. As he places the blanket on the ground I look up and see what seems like all of the city lights in LA looking back at me. The sight is absolutely stunning.

"Look at that, we are right on time." He takes my hand and pulls me down to sit between his legs with him on the blanket. He weeds our hands together like vines and makes their way in my hoodie pocket it is still a bit chilly this morning. I lean back into him and he kisses me on the cheek.

"Matthew this is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for bringing me here." I say leaning over and place a kisses on his cheeks.

"Thank you for allowing me to enjoy the little things in life like this again. I love you." He says as tears form in his eyes.

Tears threaten my eyes. I pull my hands from his in my pocket and wrap them around his neck brining him into a hug and as close to me as possible He keeps his hands in my pocket, squeezing me tightly  and pulls me closer.

His blue eyes have been like a calm ocean lately and that's how I can tell he's doing better.

"I love you." I say as I place my lips against his. He kisses me back with more force after a moment we pull away at the same time.

"Look! The sun is starting to come up!" He shouts.

I turn back around falling into his chest once more with his arms holding me tight.

We sit there for awhile watching the sun rise and the city lights fade. The dead silence from the night grows into cars starting to run the high ways. Everyone in the world is waking up and starting their day.

"It's pretty cool watching the night fade as the sun wakes the world up." He says from behind to me.

"I was thinking the same thing." He places a kiss on my cheek and we sit there in silence watching the sun continue waking up the world.