Chapter 3

Your eyes shot open as your shoulder bumped against something.

You were slung over someone's shoulder. Your head was throbbing, but other than that, you seemed to be uninjured. That hurts like a bitch, you thought, closing your eyes again as they hit the bright lights.

You resisted the urge to struggle. It was better to make your captors think you were still unconscious. This way you could look for a chance to get away. You did just attack Danzo, after all. That puts you on the bad side on a lot of people.

You arms and legs were tied up, but the ropes seemed thin enough so that you could break them if you needed to. You only felt five other chakra signatures now. Your injured head might be a concern, but you could probably take them. First, you wanted to see where they were taking you.

You heard somoene throw open a door and suddenly you were tossed onto the floor. You winced internally, but luckily didn't make any noise.

"What is the meaning of this?" You mentally frowned at the familiar voice. They took you to the Hokage?

"This anbu attacked Lord Danzo during a classified meeting," one of the Foundation members said. "They aren't from the Foundation, so they must be one of yours. Lord Danzo requests that you control your anbu."

"Hm. Have you confirmed their identity yet?" Responded the Third Hokage.

"No."

One of the men from the Foundation then stepped forward to remove your mask, but you jumped up, breaking the restrains on your arms and legs, and punched the man in the face. He hit a wall and crumpled to the floor. You whipped around and watched the other men. One of them was running to the door, but you threw a kunai next to his head, which hit the door infront of him. He stopped in his tracks and you took this as a chance to knock him unconscious as well. Three more. Two of them ran at you with tantōs. You parried them with kunai and kicked one in the chest, sending him flying across the room. The other, you crouched down and swept his legs from underneath him, then took his tantō. The last man tried to sneak up on you but you threw him onto the ground. You pressed a kunai on one's back and the tantō on the other's, pinning them to the floor.

"You have no idea how badly I want to kill both you right now," you said in a low voice.

"Do it, then." One snapped back. Your anger from before flared up. You wanted to kill someone, anyone right now.

"L/N!" The Third Hokage stood up at his desk. "Don't!" Your thoughts were so loud that you didn't even hear him.

You drew back the tantō, preparing to stab the man. The door suddenly burst open and someone rushed in the room.

"I heard fighting, is everything-" he stopped talking. "Is that..."

You thrusted the tantō downwards, but a hand caught your wrist, causing you to drop the weapon, and pulled you off the ground.

You tried to rip yourself away from him. "Let go of me!" You tried to stab him with the kunai. "I'll kill you! I'll-"

"Y/N! Stop!" He grabbed your other hand and turned you toward him, forcing you to look at him and drop the kunai. "It's just me. You're okay, alright?"

You stopped struggling and stared at him before you recognized his dark eyes and the mask that covered his lower face. You relaxed and let your head fall on his shoulder. You inhaled slowly, breathing in his comforting scent. 

"Kakashi," you said softly.  Thank god. You couldn't believe yourself; you told yourself you would never let your anger get the best of you again, but you had almost sunk back down to that level. Itachi and Kakashi were the ones who helped you control it. Old habits die hard, huh, you thought grimly.

Kakashi let go of your wrists and put a hand on your back. "Just breathe. I'm here." He looked at the Hokage. "Lord Third." The Hokage turned his head to him. "What the hell happened?" The Hokage looked at you, but didn't respond.

You took a second to compose yourself before turning around to face the Hokage.

"Lord Third." You removed your mask and got down on a knee.

"Y/N." For a moment, the Hokage just looked at you. Then he stated, "Not only have you attacked and attempted to kill members of the Foundation, who are shinobi of the Leaf, same as you, I've been informed that you attacked Lord Danzo after spying on a classified meeting." He folded his hands together. "Is this true?"

You stayed kneeling with your head bowed. "Is it true that Itachi Uchiha was ordered to kill his clan?" You looked up at the Hokage.

The Hokage froze. "That's not something you should kno-"

"So it's true, then." You laughed softly. "I can't believe this," you whispered. You ran a hand through your hair.

Kakashi stepped forward. "What?" He whispered. "Lord Hokage, what is the meaning of this?"

The Hokage was silent for a minute. "Very well," he finally said. "If you know anyway, I might as well explain. All you need to know is that it was for the good of the village."

"The good of the village," you repeated. "So, uou mean to tell me that you adults couldn't take care of your own fucking problems, so you made a thirteen year old kill his clan FOR THE GOOD OF THE VILLAGE?!?!" You got up, walked up to the Hokage and slammed a hand on his desk. "Bullshit."

"He could have refused if he wished."

"Knowing Itachi? Refusing would have made a worse outcome." You ran your hand through your hair again. "I can't believe this."

"We still have something else to discuss."

You scoffed. "What more could you possibly have to say to me?"

"We need to discuss the consequences for your actions."

"Finding out about Itachi is consequence enough," You shot back. "You're damn lucky Kakashi showed up, or God knows what wouldn't happened."

"As the Hokage, I cannot excuse your behavior against Danzo and the Elders, no matter what your past is."

You narrowed your eyes. "Give me a punishment, then."

"I think it best for you to leave the village. For a while. You need to learn to control yourself. It is unsafe to have you in the village if you will act like this and attack whoever you please. During this time, you will do numerous things you'd do on a mission, such as look into the Akatsuki, track down rogues, and deal with foreign affairs."

"You really think it's a good idea to have me deal with foreign affairs? I'm not very popular in the sand, y'know."

"Then this will be a chance to change that."

You were silent for a moment. "What about Sasuke? What do I tell him?"

"You are to tell him that this is a mission to better our relationships with the other villages."

You gritted your teeth. "You can't think of anything else? Something that doesn't force me to leave him? He already lost everything."

"I'm not thinking about Sasuke," said the Hokage. "I'm thinking about the people of Konoha. And right now, you are unstable and a threat to their safety."

You look down and chuckle. "A supposed I am threat, hm? Fine. You want me to do your dirty work? Kill some rogues, bribe some politicians?" You look up and remove your hand from the desk. "Fine. But for the rest of the time I'm "on a mission," I'll do whatever I damn well please."

You turn around to the door. "And I was perfectly stable until I found out what you did to my best friend." You walk to the door and turn the handle. "I'll take my leave now."

The Hokage nodded. "I expect you to be gone in 24 hours."

You walk out the door and let it slam shut.

thanks for 50 reads ❤️❤️