𝟎𝟏

September 28th , 2023Florida A&M University ,  FL 9:45 am Ashanti Miller ----

Florida A&M University , FL
9:45 am
Ashanti Miller
----

Me and Siah thanked our Uber driver as we got our luggage and exited the vehicle.

Before entering , we took a moment to stare at the large school in awe.

I looked over at siah to see a small smile on his face. He finally made it.

Despite his grades and people's doubts he defied them all and graduated.

Three voices that seemed to be in a heated discussion could be heard approaching us.

I looked to my left and seen three boys with tour guide passes dangling around their necks.

One had a curly fro, another had some two strand twists, and the other had a silk press .

As they neared the two , their conversation became clearer .

" Why y'all two slow asses sign up to be a tour guide anyways " the one with the twists sighed aggravated .

" Cause I'm tryna see sum fine ass new girls " the one with a curly fro replied as the one with the silk press nodded in agreement .

The one with the twists facepalmed as they finally made it to us .

" So you're Josiah and Ashanti Miller , right ? " The one with the twists pointed between the two of us looking down at his clipboard and back up at us .

" Yea " Siah said as I nodded .

" Igh come on , we bouta take y'all to the rest of the group " he said walking as we followed closely behind .

This school was WAY too big to be getting lost at on the first day .

I stayed close to Siah not very fond or fully comfortable with the new people yet .

The two boys with a curly fro and silk press kept constantly looking back at us and it was making me nervous.

What if they ain't like us or sum. I could look at the boys and tell that they were popular so if they didn't like us , what would other people attending here think about us .

While I was stressing siah had a nonchalant expression obviously in a calm mood and not worried about the boys .

I tried to think of other things and look at anything but them as they continued to look back at us.

We finally made it to the main building where the rest of the group was.

" Igh , it's time to split y'all into each of our groups " the boy with the twists pointed at himself and his two other friends .