You're A Witch Luna

I live in LA specifically Coachella Valley. With my mom and little brother.

My entire life I've felt like I was special. Like I was meant for more than just being the 'emo' kid.  Aside from the fact that I have painful visions. Didn't tell my mom cause she'd say I'm being paranoid or some shit. So I kept it to myself.

On the occasion, I wake in a cold sweat after dreaming about a shriveled-up caprison. But I brushed it off.

I hung out at the park all summer either it was 'watching' my little brother or just getting away from my pain in the ass of a mother. Don't get me wrong I love her by Jesus sometimes she thinks I'll be taken away from her or something.

But today was different. Some kid threw a ball at me and it rolled to my feet. They looked at me to throw it back and I picked it up. "LO SIENTO!" My brother shouts. I roll my eyes and throw it back at him almost knocking the breath out of him.

I sit back on the swing. I hear footsteps a while later. I look up and see the mail guy. "Can I help you?" "Luna Black?" He asks. "Maybe. What's it to you?" I ask swinging back and forth slowly. He smiles and hands me a letter.

I look at it. "Luna Black, the little girl on the swing set? Wait how-?" I look up and he's gone. "Weird." I open the letter and read it.

To, Luna Jimenez

Dear, Ms. Black

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students will be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon their arrival. We await your arrival no later than 31 July.

Please make your way to Kings Cross Station and onto platform 9 3/4. Where you will meet the Hogwarts Express. The term begins on 1 September.

We very much look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts heritage.
Yours Sincerely,
Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

My eyes wide a little. "Funny." I put the letter in my pocket.

We walk in the house and I see Mom on her laptop. "Mamá, no te vas a creer lo que pasó hoy en el parque." (Mommy you won't believe what happened at the park today.) "What?" She asks still looking at her laptop. "The mail guy came and he handed me this letter saying I got into some magic school called Pigpimples or something." She closes her laptop and turns to me. "Hogwarts?!?!" She asks turning to me with wide eyes. "Uh..." I open the letter and look at it before she snatches it from me. "Ya. And rude." "Really? I wanna go to magic school!" "Go to your room," Mom tells him. "But-" "now!" I stick my tongue out at him and he pouts on his way to his room.

"What's the big deal? It's just a joke." I state. I sit at the table. She looks like she's deep in thought. I touch her and she jumps. "Sorry mija." "What's got you spooked? Haven't seen you this wide-eyed since I dressed up as Wednesday Addams for Halloween and tried to shoot Marco with a bow and arrow." I state. She chuckles softly.

"Luna there's something I have to tell you," she states. "Okay..." I look at her. She inhaled deeply and takes my hands making me cringe."You're a witch." I look at her dead in the eyes.

I snicker. "Okay. Oh, ya, and Marco's Spider-Man." I say sarcastically. I laugh a little. I cross my arms and take a starburst from the candy bowl.

"This is serious Luna. You're father was a wizard." I chew slowly. "You're lying. You have to be. Magic is real. But you never talk about Dad." I look down at the ground. "Wait is that why I've been having visions?" Her eyes wide. "You're having visions? When'd they start?" "Like 7 months ago. Wait you knew I was going to have visions and you didn't fucking tell me?" "What your tone!" She scolds.

"You lied to me my entire life. You told me my dad's family were terrible people. You never said they could do fucking magic! You expect me to not get upset at that?" I ask standing up. "Luna keeping it from you was the hardest thing I've ever done but I had no choice." She states. "That's why you look at me like that?" "Like what?" She asks.

"Like one day I'm gonna disappear. Like I'm just gonna leave and never come back." I state. "Luna." "Now I know why. Im not him mom. I'm not like that asshole. I would never do that to you. As bad as I may be I would never betray you or anyone else the same way I was." I state. "The fact that you thought I would...like you don't even know me," I say pissed. "Luna. I just wanted to protect you." "Doesn't mean you lie to me about who I am. I was scared to come to about my visions because I was scared of what you'd do or say." I state. "Mija. I'm sorry." "I need a minute," I state. She tries to take my hand. "Mija? Luna!"

I walk out the door.

I throw rocks into the water. Trying to skip them. I scream in frustration. "Stupid dad. Still ruining my life even in death." I look at the ground.

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU AND THAT FUCKING FAMILY! I DON'T NEED IT! IM GONNA BE BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU! IM GONNA GO TO THAT SCHOOL AND SHOW YOU THAT IM NOT YOU! THAT IM ME! BECUASE ITS MY LIFE! AND I CHOOSE HOW THIS STORY ENDS!" I shout. I let out another scream and hear a splash. Water falls on me. I open my eyes and the water is gone. I pant heavily. I look at my hands. I clench my palms.

"I don't need you."